Why become a member? ×

South West meeting Sun nov 18th 12-4. Venue now also confirmed see #135

0175westwood29

[quote name='Chris Horton' timestamp='1341840021' post='1724885']
Where is the Location ?

For me , It is a bit hard to comit to a date if we dont know if it is a 10 munite drive or a 2 hour drive
[/quote]

Hiya Chris

I will only look at locations in the Bournemouth/Poole area where i am based.

cheers

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If there's enough people around Yeovil- Sherborne-Wincanton- Castle Carey-Shaftsbury area interested ( or willing to travel from further afield from S Dorset and Someset) I 'd be prepared to organise something. I live near Sherborne so would look for a venue in that area.
Obviously the size of the venue is dictated by the interest shown, and that interest needs to know when it would be so how about Sunday Nov 18th, 12.00 -4.00 pm, venue TBA but near Sherborne?

I've PM'd oldslapper to find what venue we used. It was a church hall ,I think in Sherborne, we had btween 10 and 20 attend.
Edit I did some searching and found it :
Shaftesbury Christian Centre, Christies Lane, Shaftesbury SP7 8PH
The relevant thread:
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/85532-dorset-bass-bash-11th-july/page__st__60__p__889867__hl__south%20west%20bass%20bash__fromsearch__1#entry889867

Edited by Dom in Somerset

[quote name='gafbass02' timestamp='1350373777' post='1837831']
I'm painfully shy so I've not been to one yet. Been building up the guts for years! I'm in Cheltenham so if its close enough I'd like to pop along this time.
[/quote]
There's really nothing to worry about, we are a perfectly nice and friendly bunch, once you've been through the humiliating and painful initiation ceremony you'll why you were ever worried about coming in the first place.

Bugger. I'm gigging in Dorset most weekends, so ordinarily, I'd stop overnight in Dorchester and call into Sherborne on my way back to Bristol...... But on this particular weekend I'm in Tavistock on Friday and Bristol on the Saturday. As a home gig usually means a party, the chances of me making it to Sherborne at midday on Sunday are slim to none. However, I shall be with you all in spirit.

For all you Bass Bash newbies & virgins: GO! You don't have to be an amazing player, you don't even have to pick up a bass if you dont want, but given the quality of gear that turns up to these events, I strongly recommend you lay hands on anything & everything you can!

I'm having a chat with oldslapper ( I think his name has something to do with the initiation ceremony) tomorrow so will update people on the plan. At this stage we really need around 15-20 "Ayes" ( as some will drop out on the day) so please mention this to others/ bring a friend (unless like me you live a friendless virtual existance).

There is no truth in the rumour that newbies will be made to wear a badge saying "I'm a Basschat Virgin"!

Edited by yorks5stringer