Why become a member? ×

Choice 1 of 2 x Lakland Bob Glaubs Ad on hold till monday

peety

Right folks i have 2 of these fantastic basses and to be fair i really only need 1, as much as i would prefer to keep both needs must so 1 will have to go, can't decide which so am going to put both up for sale and will sell the one that goes first if that makes sense.

No 1 2008 model in Sunburst with maple board and mint green PG not 100% sure which pickups are in this one i have a feeling they are the Lakland( hanson ) ones, currently strung with Joe Osborne flats, will also come with white PG and a red tort and a Lakland gig bag. This is in mint condition i have not gigged it only used it at a couple of rehearsals. Price for this is [b]£530 posted[/b].

[attachment=109859:LAKLAND BG SUNBURST 2.jpg] [attachment=109860:lakland BG SUNBURST.jpg]

The second is Black/Black/maple slightly older model approx 2005 i think bought here from Old Horse Murphy, this has Lindy Fralin Pickups and is again strung with Joe Osborne Flats, this has been my main gigging bass for the last 3 years, but is still in excellent condition, this will come with mint green, red tort and white PGs and a Lakland gig bag, Price for this is [b]£475 posted. [/b]

[attachment=109861:lakland bg black.JPG]

I will add some more photos of the black bass later this is the only one i have at the moment.

Even though i only have a gigbag the guitar will be well packaged as i have a guitar box so will be inside that plus bubblewrap etc.

I hope all this makes sense please feel free to ask any questions which i will endeavour to answer as quickly as possible.

Not looking for any trades at the moment folks if it changes i will let you know.

Cheers Steve

Edited by peety

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1339154518' post='1684442']
Oh Steve, how could you! :)

Seriously, the black BG was one of the best basses I have owned and one I really regret moving on. The neck is superb and it's a very comfortable weight.

Tempted.........
[/quote]

Nick i know i have had this longer than any other bass and still is the first choice for gigs subconciously hope the sunburst goes first hahaha, i know what you mean about the neck just feels right somehow, i'm going to end up talking myself out of this haha,

How are things with you mate ?

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1339166093' post='1684744']
I'm good thanks Steve. Busy with work and a new band.

Funnily enough, I've just got rid of my second P bass too as I couldn't see the point in hvaing 2 that did the same thing :)

Still cricketing?
[/quote]

Yes i am was persuaded out of retirement at end of last season to play in 1sts as we had an injury crisis was coaching at the time, and been persuaded to carry on this year, finding it tough physically as we have had 3 double headers in the last 4 weeks and standard is very high, bowling is ok just the fielding takes its toll we did 63 overs bank holiday monday hard work hahaha !!!!!

[quote name='peety' timestamp='1339173334' post='1684941']
Yes i am was persuaded out of retirement at end of last season to play in 1sts as we had an injury crisis was coaching at the time, and been persuaded to carry on this year, finding it tough physically as we have had 3 double headers in the last 4 weeks and standard is very high, bowling is ok just the fielding takes its toll we did 63 overs bank holiday monday hard work hahaha !!!!!
[/quote]

a cricketing paul scholes

Folks am putting this ad on hold over the weekend due to serious reservations i have replied to all pms will update ad on monday, can't believe the response i have had about these basses especially the black one, sorry for any inconvienience just need weekend to sort out my thoughts.

Cheers Steve

[quote name='peety' timestamp='1339218286' post='1685453']
Folks am putting this ad on hold over the weekend due to serious reservations i have replied to all pms will update ad on monday, can't believe the response i have had about these basses especially the black one, sorry for any inconvienience just need weekend to sort out my thoughts.

Cheers Steve
[/quote]

Good man :)

Noooooo

Don't do it Steve

If you want two differnet basses stick a jazz pickup in one. These basses are just so so playable (even with the e dropped with a hipshot) i have a cupboard full of basses costing twice as much and still pull this one out most. If you go down the Jazz pickup route give me a shout i may be able to help out.

S

[quote name='Stealth' timestamp='1339505199' post='1689401']
Noooooo

Don't do it Steve

If you want two differnet basses stick a jazz pickup in one. These basses are just so so playable (even with the e dropped with a hipshot) i have a cupboard full of basses costing twice as much and still pull this one out most. If you go down the Jazz pickup route give me a shout i may be able to help out.

S
[/quote]
If that's what you want to do, I've been thinking about trading my Duck Dunn for a Bob Glaub as I prefer a wider neck and my DD has a matched Lindy Fralin jazz pickup at the bridge. Drop me a line if you're interested though I'm not 100% on this

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1339507894' post='1689477']
If that's what you want to do, I've been thinking about trading my Duck Dunn for a Bob Glaub as I prefer a wider neck and my DD has a matched Lindy Fralin jazz pickup at the bridge. Drop me a line if you're interested though I'm not 100% on this
[/quote]

Had a duck dunn a while ago was a great bass but couldn't get on with the neck i really struggle with jazz width necks

[quote name='Stealth' timestamp='1339516442' post='1689701']
Ohhhh Duck Dunn with a jazz in GAS attack
[/quote]

I'd really like to try a US made with this mod :)

I have a US Glaub at the moment & wondered what it might sound like with a J at the bridge. . .

[quote name='Stealth' timestamp='1339516442' post='1689701']
Ohhhh Duck Dunn with a jazz in GAS attack
[/quote]
It sounds fantastic, it looks amazing; I've just come to the conclusion I prefer wider necks is all.

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1339507894' post='1689477']
[/quote]

Mmmm, watching this :ph34r: