Why become a member? ×

HH Electronics New Bass Combo

crez5150

Hi Guys

I'm after some of you guys to help me with some honest reviews of the new HH Electronics bass combo's.

These are really aimed at the practice/rehearsal market but after having a play around with them myself I realised that they could be used in certain gigging situations.

So..... I'd like to ask the BC community if there are any players out there that would be willing to participate in reviewing the combo's.... ideally in various gigging/rehearsing/recording situations. A mix of players would be great electric/acoustic/upright so we can get a good cross section.

Now these combo's are not particularly expensive compared to some other brands but I think they offer great value for money and I want to get your reaction on this too.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] or message me on here.

Once I have a few people interested then I can organise putting a plan of action together to get these combo's out to people.

There are two models that I want people to review, the Studio Bass 60w and the Studio Bass 120. Pictures below (my demo models so may be slightly marked)

Specs can be found here - [url="http://hhelectronics.com/products.php?range=Studio%20Bass"]http://hhelectronics...e=Studio%20Bass[/url]

FYI Retail Prices inc VAT

STUDIO BASS 60 £179.99
STUDIO BASS 120 £299.99

5 Year Warranty on all HH Electronics products

STUDIO BASS 60

STUDIO BASS 120

[url="https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/531269_394536347257157_189857377725056_1211248_1477211556_n.jpg"][/url]

Edited by crez5150

What a brilliant idea. I've been mulling over a smaller lighter combo option for a while and the 120 would be right up my street (been looking at the Roland 120 XL recently).

I hope this idea of yours works as well as I think it could - I'd love to review something like that, especially in a gig situation.

Cheers

Geoff

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1336223470' post='1642736']
What a brilliant idea. I've been mulling over a smaller lighter combo option for a while and the 120 would be right up my street (been looking at the Roland 120 XL recently).

I hope this idea of yours works as well as I think it could - I'd love to review something like that, especially in a gig situation.

Cheers

Geoff
[/quote]

Geoff can you send me a quick pm and I'll add your name to the list as a reviewer.

Very nice wee combos & good to see H||H back with something.

I'd have offered, but my situation just now means I'm not gigging, rehearsing or even meeting the band for some studio time (renovating the house).

I might PM you later with a different Q that you may be able to help with.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1336224739' post='1642763']
Very nice wee combos & good to see H||H back with something.

I'd have offered, but my situation just now means I'm not gigging, rehearsing or even meeting the band for some studio time (renovating the house).

I might PM you later with a different Q that you may be able to help with.
[/quote]

No problem.... please do PM me with any questions.

J

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1336235687' post='1642963']
Does anyone think that a modern day version of the Bass Baby would be something of interest to players?

J
[/quote]

If it's as good as the old ones, yes.
However, unless I'm confusing models, isn't the new Studio 60 somewhat similar to what the old Bass Baby was? :scratch_one-s_head:

Edited by nick

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1336235687' post='1642963']
Cheers for the feedback guys...... Does anyone think that a modern day version of the Bass Baby would be something of interest to players?

J
[/quote]

Not sure, tbh... as the competition is much stiffer..or more plentiful.

I think I used a couple of old bass babies and they were ok in rehearsal rooms.. the same as PV combos were ok...but you wouldn't use one these days.
Not sure I'd be much good to write a review with a stance like that

Obviously the new generation HH is very different to the old....... The Studio Bass 60 is much smaller than the original Bass Baby and is a completely different design. I think if we were to go down that route agin it would need to be something much more than the original.

More names added to the list..... anyone else interested in reviewing the combo's?

J

This has come at just the wrong time as we are on a break right now due to imminent child birth at the drummers house. Otherwise I would have loved to. Nostalgia for HH is one thing but also I am considering scaling down to a combo and given that we play a wide variety of venues in terms of size, shape and acoustics I could've given useful feedback.
How long is this project intended to last?

[quote name='stewblack' timestamp='1336470234' post='1645931']
Nostalgia for HH is one thing ...
[/quote]
We could do with a bit less of the nostalgia actually. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but this is purely a branding exercise, with a respected brand stuck onto some Chinese products. There's nothing wrong with that, and they look really good, but let's not get carried away here.