Why become a member? ×

HH Electronics New Bass Combo

crez5150

[quote name='stevie' timestamp='1336596215' post='1648279']
We could do with a bit less of the nostalgia actually. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but this is purely a branding exercise, with a respected brand stuck onto some Chinese products. There's nothing wrong with that, and they look really good, but let's not get carried away here.
[/quote]

Stevie.... With all due respect, we are not simply badging some chinese products....... Headstock distribution (Laney) have owned the HH brand for some considerable time now. It's taken a while to get things going with it but I can assure you that all of the products are designed here in the UK. Yes the majority of them are manufactured in the far east.... because we have to be competative. Also we have an extensive procurement system in place that allows us to do this with good results and confidence. Part of the reason why we give HH (and Laney) a 5 year warranty.

[quote name='Spoombung' timestamp='1336735108' post='1650147']
I can't believe there's no compressor on the new amps! The old H/H compressor worked like no other and was the reason why a lot of guys bought the amps in the old days.

Still using the old Bass Baby 60!
[/quote]

Spoombung - No we have not included compressors on the current models as they really don't warrant it yet. These are really aimed at the rehearsal/practice market. If things go well with the back-line range we may look at incorporating some more pro features such as compressors

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1336776854' post='1651083']
Stevie.... With all due respect, we are not simply badging some chinese products....... Headstock distribution (Laney) have owned the HH brand for some considerable time now. It's taken a while to get things going with it but I can assure you that all of the products are designed here in the UK. Yes the majority of them are manufactured in the far east.... because we have to be competative. Also we have an extensive procurement system in place that allows us to do this with good results and confidence. Part of the reason why we give HH (and Laney) a 5 year warranty.
[/quote]
Fair enough crez. I probably had you confused with Carlsbro for a moment. (Yes, I too had a couple of HH amps).

[quote name='stevie' timestamp='1337128088' post='1656043']
Fair enough crez. I probably had you confused with Carlsbro for a moment. (Yes, I too had a couple of HH amps).
[/quote]

The new Carlsbro product range is indeed pretty much just badged chinese product from SoundKing. Soundking own Carlsbro and Studiomaster now and mostly are generic from the range. The new HH range is designed from the ground up so to speak with the only exception being the Active plastic PA cabs (Tensor) which is a generic cab we buy (due to tooling costs) in but are loaded with our own components and amplifier module.

Oh My Word. I can't believe my favourite little combo lives again.

I played through a Studio 60 Bass Baby for many years. Replaced it with a Trace 1215 but that never had the same warmth. I am now on my second Studio 60 and was playing through it just last weekend. Recently replaced some of the pots courtesy of MAJ Electronic. Attached is a pic.

I'm currently recording with a 74 Jazz in a studio in Glasgow (but hate the Ashdown amp that's there) and have a MarkBass 801 that I use for home practice. My Bass Baby is at my other place in Northern Ireland.

I would love love love to try the Studio 60. Couldn't quite believe my eyes when I saw your signature!

CB

This is VERY interesting. My current setup is an old 90's Laney with a HUGE H||H 412BL cab. It weighs a tonne and I love it. I have an old English made Carlsbro practice amp which I was looking to replace with a new Roland.

I would be very interested in trying one of these new H||H combos.

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1338330478' post='1673025']
Oh My Word. I can't believe my favourite little combo lives again.

I played through a Studio 60 Bass Baby for many years. Replaced it with a Trace 1215 but that never had the same warmth. I am now on my second Studio 60 and was playing through it just last weekend. Recently replaced some of the pots courtesy of MAJ Electronic. Attached is a pic.

I'm currently recording with a 74 Jazz in a studio in Glasgow (but hate the Ashdown amp that's there) and have a MarkBass 801 that I use for home practice. My Bass Baby is at my other place in Northern Ireland.

I would love love love to try the Studio 60. Couldn't quite believe my eyes when I saw your signature!

CB
[/quote]

Cheers CB.... Can I use that pic for our facebook page?

Make sure you send me your request to try the SB60...... Nearly at a point where it will start to happen now.

MAJ look after repairs and spares for the old HH range.

Jay

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1338386413' post='1673677']
Cheers CB.... Can I use that pic for our facebook page?

Make sure you send me your request to try the SB60...... Nearly at a point where it will start to happen now.

MAJ look after repairs and spares for the old HH range.

Jay
[/quote]

No probs - you can use the photo.
And I can look for some more - or take some more for you.

CB

[quote name='GregBass' timestamp='1338405998' post='1674167']
Will you be resurrecting the 100W PA amp too? My band used on in a rehearsal this week with a pair of 1x12 cabs and it sounded superb!
[/quote]

We have something better B)

500 Watts RMS

Edited by crez5150

• 1 month later...

Hey

Yes it will happen.... so many other things going on at the moment but I will contact everyone who showed interest. I've just got the Tessen series of PA cabinets reviewed this month in Sound on Sound magazine so am currently working through all the interest shown from that which is considerable.

Will keep everyone updated and there maybe an offer at some point through one of our fellow Basschat members store.

Jay

I have often used HH gear, mainly in rehearsal studios. Thans to HH, I first understood many years ago what a parametric EQ was and how it worked, complete with Q control! I still have a 15" HH speaker residing in an old WEM cab that I have thrashed on occasion over the last 15 years and its never complained or given up. I've grossly overpowered its 150w rating using it as a sub wth a Crest VS650 in bridge mode!

With regards to the new stuff, it looks great and hope its built as well as the old stuff as I always considered it really tough and well built.

Best of luck with the new product line, Matt

Thanks guys..... the new product is obviously different to the vintage product but we are trying to keep some of the original ideas alive. The build quality is excellent though without the weight issues of the older product thanks to more modern materials being available.

Here's our latest user, Eric Rupert.... I'm hoping we will have a review of the SB120 available on line soon from his recent extensive use of the combo :)

Edited by crez5150

• 2 months later...

Sorry guys its still on the cards.... I'm a bit swamped with the PA product range at the moment. Unfortunately it's taken precidence over the back line products. I will be looking to get combo's out to people but I cannot say when just now. Apologies to those that have shown interest. Please bear with me.

Jay