Why become a member? ×

69 Precision

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1335654766' post='1634376']
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1969-Fender-Precision-Bass-/120904692743?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1c267b3407"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c267b3407[/url]

What's the deal with this one? - 99p starting bid!
[/quote]
The deal is that it's not a 1969 Fender.

This looks like an Encore to me, with a repro '69 neckplate, and appalling decal.

This is at £225 at the moment, already £125 more than its worth.

Tuners and string tree are real cheap, and look at that sunburst....fender sunburst...errr...No.

The pickguard is also the wrong shape (Apart from the wrong colour), its too wide around the control plate, and too rounded on the top section above the fret board. Soooo wrong.

Avoid.

Someones gonna get hurt.

In the description the word "According" would be enough to put me off even if it looked the part and had a starting price worthy of a 69P.

You would think owners of such instruments would know something about the history and so be a bit confident in the sales pitch.

[quote name='Horizontalste' timestamp='1335721350' post='1635010']
In the description the word "According" would be enough to put me off even if it looked the part and had a starting price worthy of a 69P.

You would think owners of such instruments would know something about the history and so be a bit confident in the sales pitch.
[/quote]
I think the inclusion of the word "according" lets this bloke off the hook if he has any comeback from Ebay over his pathetic attempt to palm this peice of s*** off as a 69 P. One is pretty certain this seller knows all about the history of this instrument.