Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Radio 1

Dave Vader

Well, sort of, I'm not, but Maz Totterdell who I play for in her live band is being played on Fearne Cotton's show today. This is a good thing, except...
I am listening to it, and I forgot how annoying Ms Cotton is, hurry up and play the song so I can go back to 6music....
Still cool though. :)

Nice chief - good bit of exposure that!

I have't had Radio 1 on in years, except by accident. They don't play what I like, and I come away wanting to take Nicki Minaj's songwriters to one side for a word. I have Radio 5 on, no music but plenty of debate; and, when that grates, my house and car are normally chockful of blues or rock to pass the time.

[quote name='mep' timestamp='1335356664' post='1629718']
Radio 1 are coming to Torbay next month. I'll be giving them a miss, and will make sure I keep my windows shut so I don't hear Chris Moyles shoot his fat mouth off.
[/quote]

Shooting Chris Moyles' fat mouth off - not a bad idea.

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1335350345' post='1629576']
Nice chief - good bit of exposure that!

[/quote]
[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1335373138' post='1630144']

Well done though for getting on it Dave!!
[/quote]

Ta, just wish I'd played on the single/album. Not me, some feller called Paul, who sounds pretty good, and it wasn't as easy as I'd hoped learning his stuff for the live shows. Never met him though, might have helped.
:)

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1335348272' post='1629529']
Well, sort of, I'm not, but Maz Totterdell who I play for in her live band is being played on Fearne Cotton's show today. This is a good thing, except...
I am listening to it, and I forgot how annoying Ms Cotton is, hurry up and play the song so I can go back to 6music....
[/quote]

It's radio 1, music comes second to self promotion of the presenters on that station. :)

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1335348272' post='1629529']
[/quote]

I don't mind her. I think she does a good job, she's engaging and enjoyable to listen to in a sort of 'on in the background' sort of way. She knows naff all about music though! But then that applies to all the prime time DJ's on Radio One. After 7 Radio One usually gets a bit better music wise.

Top thingy Dave! I'm sorry but I didn't listen to Radio 1 and the FC show. The slightest hint of her voice and I go into seizure. I did however catch Maz on local radio a few weeks ago, good stuff.

And yes you are getting old, but not as old as me :)

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1335442573' post='1631146']
Top thingy Dave! I'm sorry but I didn't listen to Radio 1 and the FC show. The slightest hint of her voice and I go into seizure. I did however catch Maz on local radio a few weeks ago, good stuff.

And yes you are getting old, but not as old as me :)
[/quote]

Cheers Marv, I take solace that I will never be as old as you :P