Why become a member? ×

BC London Meetup - Saturday 26th May

Silvia Bluejay

Am gutted I couldn`t make it - being a non-drinker I got roped into driving my mates to The Buzzcocks in Brixton.

Great gig, and they did keep me in diet cokes all eve (my mates, not The Buzzcocks).

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1338158604' post='1670324']
Thank you guys for coming along!

So when would London-based Basschatters like me to organise another one?
[/quote]

Ooh! can you make it another day apart from Saturday? I,m usually gigging in the evening. :unsure:

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1338158604' post='1670324']
Thank you guys for coming along!

So when would London-based Basschatters like me to organise another one?
[/quote]

Hi Silvia.

I would like to say thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule for arranging the first London Basschatters Social.

After attending said first social, I have some thoughts that I hope might smooth the way for the next one.... I'll write them as a list as they come in my head!..

We are never going to please everyone with the date. So pick a date, tell everyone and stick to it. Those who can come will, and those who can't wont. Hopefully the social will gain enough weight over time that folk put it first in their diary.

Perhaps as many are gigging musicians it could be wise to arrange it for a Sunday afternoon, so folk can make the Saturday night gig, and have a lark at the Sunday social

Each Social should be no closer than 3 months apart.. Just to give us time to re-charge our funny, and to make it an event worth attending... So maybe September?

When the sun is shining, I suggest a large open park area. It f***ed me off no end that Nige had to leave the banter to have a fag, as is the case with private spaces. May I suggest Regents Park/Primrose Hill area. If the sun is out, great, if not, there are some lovely boozers close by.

Erm, that's it for now

To para-phrase the great Kevin Costner movie, Field Of Dreams... Tell them and they will come

Loads of love x x x

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1338159509' post='1670335']
Ooh! can you make it another day apart from Saturday? I,m usually gigging in the evening. :unsure:
[/quote]

Same here im afraid but if it is a Sat hopefully it will be on a day i dont have to sound check at silly o'clock.

@Sean. Actually this wasn't the first BC London social meet up, but there haven't been that many as far as i know. Lets hope we get one or two more in this year.

Edited by dave_bass5

Looks like a great meet. Every time members have meets like this I always say how it helps make the forum such a nice place. Well done for organising and I'll hopefully be able to make the next one.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1338191886' post='1670469']
Looks like a great meet. Every time members have meets like this I always say how it helps make the forum such a nice place. Well done for organising and I'll hopefully be able to make the next one.

Cheers
ped
[/quote]

I also think it makes BC a safer place. Good work all. :)

Thank you all for your appreciation and suggestions. I will take them on board, and possibly organise another meetup for the beginning of September - bearing in mind that the South East Bash happens around the end of that month too, IIRC? We'll wait for them to confirm their date, and we'll take it from there.

Suggestions for interim mini-meetups and drinks - perhaps at gigs, etc. - also welcome, if anybody has any.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1338201437' post='1670636']
Thank you all for your appreciation and suggestions. I will take them on board, and possibly organise another meetup for the beginning of September - bearing in mind that the South East Bash happens around the end of that month too, IIRC? We'll wait for them to confirm their date, and we'll take it from there.

Suggestions for interim mini-meetups and drinks - perhaps at gigs, etc. - also welcome, if anybody has any.
[/quote]

Blue... may I suggest an interim meet at someone's place, i.e. bring your own (bass & backing tracks, entertain us in rotation) bring your own drink & food, cook, wash and leave the place as tidy as you've found it? If that will suit most people then I am happy to welcome a decent number of you's, (no more than 10-15) I have a big garden, free parking on my street and very understanding (young) neighbours.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1338251182' post='1671774']
Blue... may I suggest an interim meet at someone's place, i.e. bring your own (bass & backing tracks, entertain us in rotation) bring your own drink & food, cook, wash and leave the place as tidy as you've found it? If that will suit most people then I am happy to welcome a decent number of you's, (no more than 10-15) I have a big garden, free parking on my street and very understanding (young) neighbours.
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[/quote]

...and a paddling pool full of baked beans in the garden :lol:

[/quote]

I've done that for BBQs with friends who live in my area. Not sure how it would work on a London-wide basis, though, as it implies a few of the group - the girls, usually :rolleyes: - meeting up at the house a few hours earlier to get everything ready, and then either staying late clearing and tidying up or going back the following day.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1338286093' post='1672022']
I've done that for BBQs with friends who live in my area. Not sure how it would work on a London-wide basis, though, as it implies a few of the group - the girls, usually :rolleyes: - meeting up at the house a few hours earlier to get everything ready, and then either staying late clearing and tidying up or going back the following day.
[/quote]

Thats a great idea, nice one :lol:

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1338286093' post='1672022']
[/quote]

Come on! Are we in the dark ages? I don't really think it will be necessary for the "girls" to stay later and clear up, I would assume and appreciate that all guests: male, female and lefties each pull their finger out and help keep the place tidy, I don't think it's fair that the "gilrs" will have to do any extra work that the blokes and the lefties can't do. I want everyone to enjoy their time same as anyone else (lefties included)

The only thing we need to organize is seating because I have just redone the whole house and garden (grass) I don't yet have any tables and chairs so I would ask y'all if you could bring those camping folding tables if you have any and chairs, we could then use those one use bbq's you get from Asda and lay them on bricks (which I do have a variety of still...)

Anyway let me know if you are interested, I prefer a Sat/ Sun matinee rather than an evening. That way noise will not be an issue with the neighbours and loud basses can be played in the patio area of the garden. (Choice of 3 amps there so... don't bring your amp, just your bass, food and drinks lol)

I wasn't dismissing the idea! Simply thinking of the practicalities, but this female lefty :P from Chiswick would definitely be up for it.

We would need to make sure that a reasonable group of us can make it - it would be a pity, and a lot of wasted effort, for you to set your place up for 10 or 15 and get 3 or 4 attendees only.