Why become a member? ×

puke on instruments..... looooooovely : /

jojoagogo234

sounds very strange..... however it needs to be asked :3

yesterday i had a gig at my mates house/birthday party thing. and it was an amazing gig with lots of very drunk people jumping/moshing ect (we played some heavy stuff to please the crowd, as well as some chilled stuff)

in the middle of the gig, i was just on stage, head banging away... then all of a sudden a girl at the front of the crowd who had had too much. punked AAAAALLLLLL over my lovely bass O.O

non the less i continued through the rest of the song. at the end of the song i took my t- shirt off and cleaned it up and did the rest of the set topless ( not recommended as basses are surprisingly cold :mellow: )

the puke was all cleaned off my bass, but i just wanted to know if it could do anything to anything to the pick ups or any of the wiring. as the bass is kind of my baby :)

and also while im here.... has something like this ever happened to anyone out there ?

Yeah as Mr F says, take it apart and clean it, with methylated spirits and cotton buds for the hard to reach bits. Otherwise it will start humming in a few months, and I don't mean musically.

Edited by daz

[quote name='dave.c' timestamp='1331552701' post='1574509']
I've never puked or had puke on a bass before, howerver I have thrown up in a full face crash helmet whilst riding a motorbike, not recommended! and probably off topic as well!
[/quote]
Yeuch! That beats my favourite puke story which was from a summer when I was working at a funfair. A mate was in charge of a ride where you were strapped into a seat on the end of a long arm, and the arm spun round horizontally and then vertically. When a girl vomitted on that ride it was quite spectacular.

Puke? A lot of fluids (both bodily and alcoholic) have made it's way on to my instruments, but never puke! Stomache acid is very corrosive. I have seen a drinks can ring pull completely disolve within 20mins in a flask of stomache acid, so make sure that your bass is completely removed of all puke. Gosh...I couldn't imagine what the smell must be like!

A guy i know has a Les Paul that smells of piss and nothing he can do will make the smell go.

He bought it off a guy whose wife found out that he had been unfaithfull. Instead of the normal cutting up ties and suits she opened up the case to his trusty Les Paul, dropped her knickers and let it all go.

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1331574600' post='1575143']
A guy i know has a Les Paul that smells of piss and nothing he can do will make the smell go.

He bought it off a guy whose wife found out that he had been unfaithfull. Instead of the normal cutting up ties and suits she opened up the case to his trusty Les Paul, dropped her knickers and let it all go.
[/quote]

I laughed when I read this, poor sod!

My old piano teacher had just taken delivery of a new Yamaha grand and I had the honour of being his first student to play it. Unfortunately I hadn't been feeling that well and...

Yep. All over the keys. :(
(This was a number of years ago when I was a kid btw! Please don't be put off buying my amp in the for sale section :lol: )

tis all good people :3 got it all cleaned up. got 3 of my mates to help me out with it, took out both the pick ups and got some cotton buds well involved as well :) wrapped up all the pick ups in toilet roll. as well as the holes (were the pick ups were) and (though non of the nasty puke got in it) took of the back for good measure and packed that with toilet roll.