Why become a member? ×

Jaco’s 1962 Fender Jazz Bass “Bass of Doom” Found!

Funkmaster

Got this from Bassplayer mag this morning...

Thought it might be of interest to some here - hope the link works!

[url="http://www.bassplayer.com/article/jacos-1962-fender/mar-08/34267"]http://www.bassplayer.com/article/jacos-19...er/mar-08/34267[/url]

David

Edited by Funkmaster

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='173653' date='Apr 10 2008, 08:48 AM']Been there- done that. Cant be arsed to look for the other thread but it was done weeks ago.[/quote]

How Rude to the OP ?

I guess it wasn't about GB's or EBS...... can't have enough chat about that Sh!te can we ?

Jaco's bass deserves a 100 Threads

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='173653' date='Apr 10 2008, 08:48 AM']Been there - done that. Cant be arsed to look for the other thread but it was done weeks ago.[/quote]

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='173671' date='Apr 10 2008, 09:13 AM']Charming :)[/quote]

You couldn't be arsed either or you would have included a link. At least I was honest about it.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='173791' date='Apr 10 2008, 11:26 AM']You couldn't be arsed either or you would have included a link. At least I was honest about it.[/quote]

Maybe Funkmaster in all his forsight!!?? wasnt aware that Bass Ferret had already seen this thread, im sure if he had, he would'nt have dared mention it again!! :)

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='173791' date='Apr 10 2008, 11:26 AM']You couldn't be arsed either or you would have included a link. At least I was honest about it.[/quote]

Perhaps treating other members with a bit of respect may be more appropriate, rather than your version of "honesty".

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='173653' date='Apr 10 2008, 08:48 AM']Been there- done that. Cant be arsed to look for the other thread but it was done weeks ago.[/quote]

[quote name='Marcus' post='173761' date='Apr 10 2008, 10:57 AM']How Rude to the OP ?

I guess it wasn't about GB's or EBS...... can't have enough chat about that Sh!te can we ?

Jaco's bass deserves a 100 Threads[/quote]
No. If I was going to be rude I would have said "look before you post; f***wit". But as I have not posted anything about EBS since I sold it I guess I'm gonna have to say to you "look before you post!". Perhaps we should have a new forum for endless posts about Jaco's bass.

[quote name='Funkmaster' post='173838' date='Apr 10 2008, 12:25 PM']Sincere apologies to all concerned.

David[/quote]
No need to apologise. I cant understand what all the fuss is about. Why is everyone getting so excited cos I couldn't be arsed to look for the link to the previous thread?

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='173880' date='Apr 10 2008, 01:17 PM']No. If I was going to be rude I would have said "look before you post; f***wit". But as I have not posted anything about EBS since I sold it I guess I'm gonna have to say to you "look before you post!". Perhaps we should have a new forum for endless posts about Jaco's bass.[/quote]

So, let's get this right.... with a forum of this size everyone is supposed to check if there has ever been a thread relating to their particular topic of interest at that time prior to posting ?

The OP had just recieved a magazine and would have naturally thought this was Hot News...... why would he have had any inclination to search previous topics. He certainly doesn't deserve to be jumped upon in this hostile manner

It's a shame some people on here seem to want to pick fault with everything in a pedantic or superior and arrogent manner.

I have a rule on web forums..... never say anything to someone that you wouldn't say to their face if you met them.....

F***wit !!!

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='173883' date='Apr 10 2008, 01:22 PM']No need to apologise. I cant understand what all the fuss is about. Why is everyone getting so excited cos I couldn't be arsed to look for the link to the previous thread?[/quote]

I really don't think that's the issue is ?

[quote name='Funkmaster' post='173651' date='Apr 10 2008, 08:44 AM']Got this from Bassplayer mag this morning...

Thought it might be of interest to some here - hope the link works!

[url="http://www.bassplayer.com/article/jacos-1962-fender/mar-08/34267"]http://www.bassplayer.com/article/jacos-19...er/mar-08/34267[/url]

David[/quote]

Well its the first time i ever saw this (only been here 3 weeks) and i have to say thanks cos that was a really cool bit of reading on that link, and took me back to when i first heard Jaco and thought wow. I think anything to do with that guy deserves respect, even if it was posted 50 times before, it gave a newbie like me a chance to see it.

THanks David.

[quote name='mcgraham' post='174110' date='Apr 10 2008, 07:47 PM']Thanks for posting the link to the article Funkmaster, I did enjoy reading that. Though I'm slightly sceptical of how the bass 'seems' to play itself, just because it was Jaco's :)

Mark[/quote]
Its probably haunted mate. :huh: Blimey, someone tell Gail Porter.

Well if all you sensitive types think it is so important that wacko's bass has been found why dont you get the OP pinned, or is that beyond the wit of admin?

I was expecting some Jaco lover to update [url="http://wiki.basschat.co.uk/vault:bass:fender:top_ten_fender_basses"]this[/url]. Oh well.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='174196' date='Apr 10 2008, 10:30 PM']Well if all you sensitive types think it is so important that wacko's bass has been found why dont you get the OP pinned, or is that beyond the wit of admin?

I was expecting some Jaco lover to update [url="http://wiki.basschat.co.uk/vault:bass:fender:top_ten_fender_basses"]this[/url]. Oh well.[/quote]

In reference to wit, You seem to be just taking pot shots at innocent folk now. Why?