Why become a member? ×

What does one wear?

Marvin

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1330436524' post='1557404']
Whats scruffy Jazz? Got any pictures?
[/quote]

1) Buy a suit from your local charity shop. Preferably black and preferably a size too large.
2) Play lots of gigs in the suit
3) Sleep in the suit - ideally in the back of the van
4) hey presto! You have achieved 'scruffy jazz'

Essentially, you want to look like those sharp suited late 40s jaz cats, but can't afford a decent suit.

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1330441690' post='1557518']
That's a pretty awesome line-up you have there. I recognise all of them apart from the lady....

Let's see...Paul Michael Glaser (the original Dave Starsky) on the left, Robin Gibb in the middle, then Jenson Button and Simon Pegg on the right.
[/quote]

Could it be Sting in drag?

With Kit we all wear black 'n' bling. I just ordered some natty flared black leather jeans to my specs from here [url="http://www.makeyourownjeans.com/"]http://www.makeyourownjeans.com/[/url]

They seem excellent, will be a few weeks before they arrive though. They do all sorts of stuff, denim jeans, leather jackets ..

And I almost always wear a black hat and black suede Chelsea boots.

Hats always come from Village Hats [url="http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/?gclid=CPT4tLCCwa4CFUe9zAodPTsk-g"]http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/?gclid=CPT4tLCCwa4CFUe9zAodPTsk-g[/url] Old Git turned me onto them, and I believe he managed to negotiate a discount for BC members before he passed on. I always think of Old Git when I buy a hat. This was his favourite hat shop.

Edited by silddx

We've never spoken about it or coordinated our look in my band but thankfully everyone makes an effort and looks like they are in the same band. Three of us dress quite similar so the closest we've come to planning our look is if we all show up wearing the similar things it may be a case of someone loses the hat or loses the jacket.

I feel pretty strongly on this subject and believe bands should have a look. The danger of course is when it overtakes the music but generally I'm of the belief the band should look like they've made an effort - even if your band's look is trying to create the illusion that you haven't made the effort!

Oh, I should have asked this earlier - we had a situation where three of our four band members were wearing glasses. We were in danger of starting to look like Weezer, so we used to draw lots as to who could keep his glasses on the night.

I astigmatic and have trouble working out distances without the gogs, so invariably got to keep mine - nothing like your giant bass player losing depth perception on stage, as a precursor to disaster!

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1330441690' post='1557518']
That's a pretty awesome line-up you have there. I recognise all of them apart from the lady....

Let's see...Paul Michael Glaser (the original Dave Starsky) on the left, Robin Gibb in the middle, then Jenson Button and Simon Pegg on the right.
[/quote]
[quote name='GT40Graham' timestamp='1330443681' post='1557558']
Could it be Sting in drag?
[/quote] ok.... the secret identities of our supergroup have been rumbled! :lol:

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1330447520' post='1557654']
Oh, I should have asked this earlier - we had a situation where three of our four band members were wearing glasses. We were in danger of starting to look like Weezer, so we used to draw lots as to who could keep his glasses on the night.

I astigmatic and have trouble working out distances without the gogs, so invariably got to keep mine - nothing like your giant bass player losing depth perception on stage, as a precursor to disaster!
[/quote]

I usually remove my gogs before playing, however, at one gig we'd rearranged the set list and I'd stuck it to the floor. I had to wear my glasses as I couldn't see that far :)