Why become a member? ×

I went to school with him . . .

Paul_C

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1329403650' post='1541942']
Nine Below Zero were there a couple of years before me - my brother's teacher had to make the decision whether to stick with them as lead singer (Stan's Blues Band at the time)
[/quote]

That would probably be at the time my wife's Uncle Kenny (Bradley) was the drummer.

[quote name='Low End Bee' timestamp='1329469574' post='1542817']
Small world. I had to stuff that bloody green blazer in my Adidas bag for the first couple of years. It definitely wasn't the thing to wear on White City Estate!
[/quote]

Ha, Christopher Wren, like a West Ham supporter in Millwall!

[quote name='keving' timestamp='1329472116' post='1542865']
That would probably be at the time my wife's Uncle Kenny (Bradley) was the drummer.
[/quote]

Some time between 75 and 79 I would have thought. I started that school (Walworth) in 76 and they had already left but were still Stan's and the teacher was still singing with them.

[quote name='threedaymonk' timestamp='1329434057' post='1542606']
I went to school with - and played in a band with - the older brother of Charlie Simpson of Busted. I remember practising at their house on a few occasions; Charlie was a wee nipper at the time. Obviously it was my bass playing that inspired him. B)
[/quote]

Is he the lead singer of Union Sound Set? If so they are amazing!!

[quote name='Low End Bee' timestamp='1329469574' post='1542817']
Small world. I had to stuff that bloody green blazer in my Adidas bag for the first couple of years. It definitely wasn't the thing to wear on White City Estate!
[/quote]
Your school backed onto my school's playing fields. I worked it out through the Mikey Craig connection. He's a good mate of mine, but not through music. We played for the same sunday football team until 2003.

[quote name='TransistorBassMan' timestamp='1329475741' post='1542939']
Your school backed onto my school's playing fields. I worked it out through the Mikey Craig connection. He's a good mate of mine, but not through music. We played for the same sunday football team until 2003.
[/quote]

Ah. Sam Jetsonic went to your old school too. I'm very sorry for hiding halfbricks in your long jump sand pit. I trust you weren't injured?

[quote name='bigjohn' timestamp='1329437150' post='1542642']
Yes, Ruddo. Very posh. Posh end of the poshest (and once largest in Europe) housing estate in Nottingham. :) Though, in reality, much more posh than some of the "posh" ends.

Didn't him in Stereo MC's have something to do with the flat over the Midland / HSBC (which is now gone)?
[/quote]
Well back in the 60s and 70 when they were still living there at their parents houses it looked plenty posh to me. Large houses in acres of land with their own tennis courts and swimming pools...

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1329504738' post='1543631']
Well back in the 60s and 70 when they were still living there at their parents houses it looked plenty posh to me. Large houses in acres of land with their own tennis courts and swimming pools...
[/quote]

That's quite posh innit. My garden is about 10m by 5m and I have a garage.. :) My house wasn't built until 1981 though.

I've been told one of the SMC's lived in the flat above the HSBC / Everest Tandori, which incidentally, Nick Clegg once used as an office. A few of the taxi drivers remember Clegg. They all say he was a bit racist about his where his office was and has a completely different persona when not being "Nick Clegg MP".

Edited by bigjohn