Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4003 Walnutburst

MarkMcK

[quote name='The Walloper' timestamp='1329442616' post='1542699']
Stunning bass. I'd have one in a minute.

Although they have seriously went up in value the past few years. I have a 2004 limited edition 4003 and it cost me £1200. Now they are £1700+?
[/quote]

It's aweful, I have been onto this for quite some time . . Marcus Miller 5 string going from £1,200 to £2,200 during the same time period.

Lovely basses, just don't think I could justify the price.

Ruby sounds nice, will look forward to that release :)

I have an old Autumnglo, the inside of the burst is much darker than it appears here, and is matte. The old Ric Walnut (at least in the '70s) was the same if not identical to Autumnglo, but was glossy.

I'm not crazy about this version, but it looks more like '60s burst somehow.

I remember the old Walnut finish being darker in the middle.

[s]Last year, Rickenbacker said they had made some 'specials' for the opening of a new Guitar Guitar store. I can't believe it's taken this long for them to come through, but I didn't see anything else appear that fitted the bill, so maybe these are the specials that were mentioned. Apparently the wood was specially selected for grain too, so maybe this is the reason for the paler finish in the middle (although I can't see much sign of grain in the photo).[/s]

No, these are something else - wonder what the specials last year were...

Edited by jonsmith

The "specials" last year were a selection of guitars for the opening of Guitar Guitar in Epsom (I think). It was a load of very high priced top end guitars - the 381 and 325 re-issues etc. Nothing different as such, but selected especially for the store opening by the company.

The Japanese RIC distributors requested specials too for their anniversary last year - the got some very nice white with CB 4003s.

• 10 months later...