Why become a member? ×

Les Claypool or Flea?

Bass_man219

Playing music is not a competitive sport. There is no better just what you like and what you don't like

[quote name='Bass_man219' timestamp='1327446935' post='1511547']
Okay that kid's impressed me :) just shows how insanely good musicians mostly never get recognised
[/quote]

The reason most "insanely good" musicians never get recognised is that for the most part they play completely uninteresting twiddly widdly music that no-one except other boring musicians like.

At least the drummer (who's at the right gig - they just need to sack the boring guitarist) and the Korean cross-dresser know how to put on a show to go with the playing although I'd have a lot more respect for the Korean guy if he actually appeared on stage with a band dressed like that rather than hiding in his bedroom.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1327471618' post='1511735']
I don't think either player has done anything worth listening to for years.
[/quote]

RHCP on Jools Holland were AWFUL. Every song sounded the same.
As for LC, it's baggady-"baggady-baggady-slappady" with silly lyrics.

But, it's an opinion. no one is right, and no one is wrong.

[quote name='Bass_man219' timestamp='1327445397' post='1511507']
Title says it all really but I want to know who and your reasons :)
[/quote]
I've never knowingly heard Claypool, and I've little interest in RHCP or the Fleaman.

More importantly, it's not a competition, you're mixing it up with the Olympics, which is a competition.

Both of them play on Tom Waits' new album. Les is on one track, Flea is on two. Therefore Flea would appear to be better.

BUT

If you consider other Tom Waits albums, Les has played on more tracks than Flea, therefore Les is better.

BUT

Flea founded the Silverlake Conservatory of Music for Children Who Can't Slap Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too, and as far as I'm aware Les hasn't done anything like that, so Flea is better.

BUT

Les did the South Park theme tune.

BUT

Flea did the voice for Donnie in the Wild Thornberrys.

Therefore, the winner is Mike Watt. Easy.

Both good players with questionable dress sense. I personally think Claypool is slightly more versatile in that he can really do a good job 'playing straight' when he wants to. Flea always seems just to just sound like Flea, even outside of RHCP.

Whatever, I like them both.