Why become a member? ×

Nathan east in ya face!

leftyhook

Yeah really nice tasteful playing! Groooooooooovy! :) i've recently had the pleasure of playing the Nathan East 30th anniversary Yamaha BBNE2 bass and gotta say, it was stonkingly good! Bit like Nathan really!

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1327146228' post='1506908']
To me, this is what bass playing is all about. groove, melody, chord progression and expression. None of this 1000 x slap notes that just sound like a bag of bolts being shaken in a metal tube. Just my personel opinion of course.
[/quote]
great description!.............though I don't condone this kind of verbal behaviour.. :D ;)

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1327146228' post='1506908']
To me, this is what bass playing is all about. groove, melody, chord progression and expression. None of this 1000 x slap notes that just sound like a bag of bolts being shaken in a metal tube. Just my personel opinion of course.
[/quote]

Well, it's what makes the likes of NE a producers dream and very employable [still after all these years]
To the many Youtube hopefulls, it's just a dream,

Garry

[size=4]Nathan East is one of my top 3 favourite bass players. His melodic sense is second to none. [/size]

[size=4]I prefer his playing as a side man though. His band 4play and some of this clip, just sounds like lift music to me. [/size]

got to agree with thisnameistaken....for me his best and most well known prolific playing is from Anita Baker's albums.. fantastic bass player, but no.. it wasnt good...sounded like victor baileys awful scatting on his solo albums... sometimes great bass players just shouldnt do anything but support

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1327156862' post='1507153']
Hmm. This did nothing for me. It just sounded like a musician killing time - maybe waiting for the microwave to ping or something.

Trade shows have got to be the worst gigs in the world.
[/quote]

Same here. Made me feel like i was going up and down in a lift. I suposes its more the type of music rather than the playing but it remeinded me of the Freeform Jazz scene in Spinal Tap.

Each to his/her own.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1327147311' post='1506929']
Yeah really nice tasteful playing! Groooooooooovy! :) i've recently had the pleasure of playing the Nathan East 30th anniversary Yamaha BBNE2 bass and gotta say, it was stonkingly good! Bit like Nathan really!
[/quote]

BBNE2 is a remarkable bass. I still regret selling mine :(