Why become a member? ×

Dick Venom & The Terrortones - StickyPants Trance the video

BigRedX

That sir, is quality, of the highest order.

Reminds me of a gig I played at Rafters in Manchester, many years ago. King Kurt had played there the night before, and the stage was an absolute mess. I spent most of the gig slipping around in what looked like blancmange. The Death Cult (later The Cult) were up after us a couple of nights later, so I'll bet they weren't happy either.

I'm not suggesting you're like King Kurt.......the vid just reminded me of those phsycobilly/goth days I used to be a part of.

Thanks for all the kind comments.

The video took a long time to finish - one of the perils of working to a tight budget but we think the end result was well worth it! Looks like you do too!

Looks like it's been picked up by at least one video network so there's a good chance that it will be appearing on TV at some point...

• 1 month later...

[quote name='joeystrange' timestamp='1330516862' post='1558615']
I had no idea you'd done this video until now! It looks great!
Did you shoot the band stuff at Tantra?
[/quote]

Thanks!

Yes we did. As Mr Venom says - it's the only place in Nottingham that is more sleazy than he is!

BTW welcome to Basschat! There's plenty of other people from Nottingham here but few of them seem to be in bands I've heard of, so it's nice to see someone here who's band I know.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1330525208' post='1558831']
Thanks!

Yes we did. As Mr Venom says - it's the only place in Nottingham that is more sleazy than he is!

BTW welcome to Basschat! There's plenty of other people from Nottingham here but few of them seem to be in bands I've heard of, so it's nice to see someone here who's band I know.
[/quote]

He's got a point!
My old band did our album launch there a few years ago. I'd be willing to bet it was a much more laid back affair than yours!

And thanks, I've been here for a little while, just not posted all that much.
Hopefully catch you at a gig soon!

[quote name='Jacqueslemac' timestamp='1330531446' post='1558963']
Excellent! If it was done on a budget, then doubly so.

Enjoyed the music as well...
[/quote]

Total cost was around the £300 mark. Most of that was spent on props - mainly the stretcher - and building the "doctor's study" set which was done in the spare room at my house!

Already thinking about the next video - current favourites are "Test Tube Floozy Goo" or "Invasion Of The Spider Queen"...