Why become a member? ×

FS: 8 String Fender P Bass, converted by Jon Shuker (SOLUTION)

Sean.Robinson

You may call me stupid or ignorant, but i still do not believe, that he tries to rip me off.
But on the other hand the point, where he should have sent the bass has passed.

Thank you very much guys.
Hazbeen, what a Nice touch.Thank you very much for your effort!

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1326024472' post='1491109']
Just read this post.... wow, what a terrible situation. I hope the moderators do what they can to help, as someone with 500 posts would be deemed "safe" by most of us. I did some cyber sleuthing on this Sean.Robinson and it seems he is a bit of a BMW nut. Anyway, 73Jazz, going through his online footprint i found his home phone number and will PM this to you.
[/quote]

Even if this all works out well which im sure we all do...............Hazbeen that is a cracking bit of help for the OP....I applaude you sir.

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1326024472' post='1491109']
Just read this post.... wow, what a terrible situation. I hope the moderators do what they can to help, as someone with 500 posts would be deemed "safe" by most of us. I did some cyber sleuthing on this Sean.Robinson and it seems he is a bit of a BMW nut. Anyway, 73Jazz, going through his online footprint i found his home phone number and will PM this to you.
[/quote]
Do you work for Interpol? That is pretty impressive detective work.

I'm sorry and embarrassed for us all who contribute to BC.
This is a disgrace to our forum.

I can only hope it is resolved soon.

Its a bit odd that he has a good history and feedback section.

Is it possible he is on holiday over the seasonal period. Some people don't return to work until tomorrow and if he is away from home he may not have access to PC.
Just a thought. I wouldn't have access myself however i wouldn't put something up for sale or accept someone's money without telling them i couldn't post until a certain date.

Cheers
Dave

[quote name='73Jazz' timestamp='1326229224' post='1494234']
I tried to reach him today via home phone number and mobile, unfortunately without success.
Mobile was turned off.i will try it again tomorrow
[/quote]
Home phone, we know where you got that number but his mobile? This is awesome. I feel like miss Marple has a hand in this investigation.

That would have been yours truly..... want to know your neighbours dress size? Ha ha ha..... sorry not really the topic to make jokes in

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1326230306' post='1494269']
Home phone, we know where you got that number but his mobile? This is awesome. I feel like miss Marple has a hand in this investigation.
[/quote]

Edited by HazBeen

can't believe such a behaviour..
got him on phone.
he was very inpolite and he told me that he has informed me, that he will be delayed.. sure on 26th december that he will send the bass in the next days..
additional to that he allegedly didn't receive my emails.. only those to the point where money has been transfered.

i told him to check this thread here.
he said he will send the bass at the end of this week and then i will get a tracking id.
we will see.

[quote name='73Jazz' timestamp='1326266567' post='1494573']
can't believe such a behaviour..
got him on phone.
he was very inpolite and he told me that he has informed me, that he will be delayed.. sure on 26th december that he will send the bass in the next days..
additional to that he allegedly didn't receive my emails.. only those to the point where money has been transfered.

i told him to check this thread here.
he said he will send the bass at the end of this week and then i will get a tracking id.
we will see.
[/quote]

Should remove him from Basschat for this kind of behaviour. Its an embarrassment to the forum having people behave like this for no apparent reason and not prepared to post a reason, excuse or whatever might have been an issue in sending. I was actually prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he was away from his PC etc over the festive period but doesn't look like it.
I guess some people are just a waste of space.

I will now think twice before buying or selling via Basschat unless its cash in hand and pick up only.
Pity as i was enjoying this forum up until i read this thread.

Hope it pans out ok in the end for you 73jazz.
You have my sympathy on this one.

Cheers
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1326316253' post='1495481']
I will now think twice before buying or selling via Basschat unless its cash in hand and pick up only.

[/quote]

???

How many people are registered as Members here? Even if 90% of those Members are lurking/dormant, the remaining, active 10% of us still makes a pretty big number.

Statistically, it is inevitable that there will be a few trades go sour each year out of the many hundreds that happen. The vast majority (including all those that I have been involved with) are sensible trades between grown-ups, with no grief involved.

This 8-string Precision screw-up is a shame and a disappointment, but hardly a typical story.

All sympathy to the purchaser, but this won't stop me from trusting other Basschatters.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1326359281' post='1495809']
???

How many people are registered as Members here? Even if 90% of those Members are lurking/dormant, the remaining, active 10% of us still makes a pretty big number.

Statistically, it is inevitable that there will be a few trades go sour each year out of the many hundreds that happen. The vast majority (including all those that I have been involved with) are sensible trades between grown-ups, with no grief involved.

This 8-string Precision screw-up is a shame and a disappointment, but hardly a typical story.

All sympathy to the purchaser, but this won't stop me from trusting other Basschatters.
[/quote]

+1

In my experience, this is the only deal I've heard of on here that's gone sour.
This could happen all the same with ebay, or even through Amazon marketplace, buying anything online always has a tiny amount of risk...
I'm sure there will be a very good reason for this going wrong once the dust settles, I don't believe that Sean would behave in this way out of badness.
I also must add how well 73Jazz has handled this, you are a polite, honest and very fair man.

I'm sure this will be sorted soon :)

Eude

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1326316253' post='1495481']

[/quote]

Dear Dave, don´t let those black sheeps win over the white ones.
As you can read in this thread, there are so many honest and remarkable gentlemen out here,
so don´t let the right ones be poisend by people, who do not behave like we are used to, in this great community.

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1326359702' post='1495819']
I'm sure there will be a very good reason for this going wrong once the dust settles,
Eude
[/quote]
until i talked to him on phone, i had the same oppinion.
But infortunately i couldn`t find one good reason.
Even if there is one, 1 email to inform me, wouldn´t be expected too much, i think.
I think i have shown, that i am a man of understanding and patience.

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1326359702' post='1495819']
I also must add how well 73Jazz has handled this, you are a polite, honest and very fair man.

[/quote]

Thank you very much for your words and thanks to all pm`s and encouraging in this thread.

Edited by 73Jazz