Why become a member? ×

This finish = Good or Bad

charic

Usually i hate sunburst finishes but this... this is remarkable

[url="http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?itemNumber=BP422&type=bass"]http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_...2&type=bass[/url]

What do you think?

I was looking at some variations of that finish earlier, it is indeed rather nice. I think it is a bit 'overpowering' though for me. There is a similar one with purple instead of sunburst that looks really edible too!

I really like it, but I can see the wrong colour / type hardware really spoiling the look! I mean, it would be a careful balance to make the bass look classy, but oh so easy to make it look a bit..well 'Del Trotter!'

Well I do like sunbursts but one thing struck me about this straightaway.

You get hold of a 5 yr old 3TS Fender like I did in 1978 , hawk it round the toilets of northern England , like I have and still do , and it looks so cool 30ys on with it's battlescars and forearm wear. Nowt like a nicely mojo'd sunburst.

Take a lump out of this and it'll look like a pile of sh**e.

Right now it looks to me like - and I mean no insult here for once - a metal guitar players finish.

Don't like the OP one, but that blue one Ped posted is gorgeous. Works far better with the quilt than the traditional colours.
I quite like sunburst [i]*glances over at baccy-burst Shuker standing in corner*[/i] :)