Why become a member? ×

Hercules Mini Guitar Stands?

Linus27

[quote name='ickleben' timestamp='1323287639' post='1461705']
I've got 3, one goes in the gig bag and the other 2 hold up the basses at home. You do need to be careful sometimes on stage where the strap can sometimes get caught under it..no big deal you just look silly for a few seconds.
[/quote]
Ah, how many us dream of looking silly on stage for only a few seconds!

[quote name='blunderthumbs' timestamp='1323210671' post='1460730']
I read somewhere you can't use them with Rickenbackers as something
in the foam reacts to the laquer...........Is this true?
[/quote]

I found that problem with the black rubber tubing on most guitar stands reacting really badly with nitrocelulose finishes - but only on maple necks for some reason. I've got a couple of necks where the nitro finish has turned to goo and dripped right off the wood - but the body finish seems strangely unimpaired in comparison.

Anybody know the science of this problem...?

[quote name='Deep Thought' timestamp='1323177207' post='1460119']
I have a Hercules stand (not the one pictured). Folds up nice and compact, but the foam on one of the arms has worn out, which basically means the bass sits on the metal arm. Emailed the distributors for advice (wasn't asking for money back or anything, just a bit of help) and got a completely unhelpful reply saying they couldn't do anything. Won't buy any more.
[/quote]

And guess who is the UK distributor for these? Strings and Things of course.

[quote name='Kirky' timestamp='1323263289' post='1461160']
These look nice (from Stringbusters): [url="http://www.stringbusters.com/Ko-Bespoke/productlist.asp?cat=1/BITS%20-%20PIECES/BITS%20-%20PIECES%20GUITAR%20CARE"][/url]
[/quote]

I like the look of that and it does go very small when folded down. Being wood, I wonder how durable it is when used a lot.

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1323300248' post='1461904']
I'd always prefer one of those Markbass Bass Keeper things. Properly tough velcro :)
[/quote]

I really like those but thay only work if you have handles on the ride?? My MarkBass combo has a handle on top so that might look a bit silly :) Oh and I want your bass :)

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1323334590' post='1462035']
I really like those but thay only work if you have handles on the ride?? My MarkBass combo has a handle on top so that might look a bit silly :) Oh and I want your bass :)
[/quote]

Yep, i had one and it was useless with my small rig.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1323338905' post='1462090']
I'm a big fan of the Schubb Talon. Holds the bass more upright than the Hercules and folds down really flat. But, like the Herc or more so, great for home and sedate rehearsals but... not to be trusted in a "busy" envioronment.
[/quote]

doh! beat me to it.

I use mine on stage with no worries though.