Why become a member? ×

I just ordered a Matamp :D

Ben Jamin

I was going to buy an Orange terror but I like to have a good relationship with whoever makes the equipment I use and I tried talking to Orange and they weren't interested in the slightest. the guys at Matamp seem great, when asking about their stuff they said the best thing to do is come and have a go and go from there. my kind of company!!

[quote name='Ben Jamin' timestamp='1323109461' post='1459437']
Oh I'm not having a go at Orange, they're great! I'm just saying in terms of reliability in components/build quality it's better to have a few expert engineers hand-build it than, in the case of some of the Orange stuff, have it mass-produced in a factory along with other brands/models etc. Not that there's anything wrong with them because they sound ace and nicely put together and stuff, but it's just nice to know where it all came from and feel that bit more confident in that it was really well built etc. :)
[/quote]

Agreed, the Matamp guys are excellent! They will always support customers. :)

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1323041355' post='1458691']
... the main Orange amps.....are built here in the UK.....
[/quote]

That's a moot point. The large Orange heads are are pieced together in the far east, and have the minimum of final assembly done in the UK in order to qualify to have a 'Made in Britain' stamp. In not saying that the AD200 is any the worse for it, if I didn't have a GT200, that's what I would have. But, it does give Matamp the USP of being 100% British built from the ground up, and both the GT200 and AD200b are similarly priced at around £1.4K. Plus you can have the GT200 individually voiced and styled to your choice.

[quote name='longtimefred' timestamp='1323285362' post='1461661']
they are saying that the 500w hybrid is going to be just shy of £400. That will really put them in the market for everyone who wants these mini powerful heads. They are pairing them up to run with their 2x12. Cant wait, should hopefully be going up next week some time.
[/quote]
Ace, let us know how your visit goes!
Oh and >£400 for the hybrid!? That's about 200 less than the Genz Benz Streamliner/Aguilar Tone Hammer/Markbass F1/other mini-heads! Plus it's hand-built, with Matamp customer service/warranty. Plus it sounds awesome.
Yes I think that puts them in the market :)

Reminds me I need to sort that Bass 200 I found out.

I'll get a solid figure on the price, Jeff tends to underquote on the first model (don't worry he'll stick to it for anyone with that quote) but I think over time they will creep up.

But hey could be wrong.

I'll check with them now.

Matamp built the early Ashdown valve bass heads and the some of the early Ashdown/Hayden valve guitar amps.

Dave Green "left" Matamp, then some months later went to work for Ashdown/Hayden.

Have a Matamp guitar head & cabs, and they are absolutely fantastic, would love one of the GT200 bass heads & cabs, but they're definitely out of my price range! Top quality build, top quality kit, fantastic sounding gear, absolutely top quality customer service and all round top blokes. :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1323425031' post='1463129']
Reminds me I need to sort that Bass 200 I found out.

I'll get a solid figure on the price, Jeff tends to underquote on the first model (don't worry he'll stick to it for anyone with that quote) but I think over time they will creep up.

But hey could be wrong.

I'll check with them now.
[/quote]

wanna sell it so i can get it fixed ;o

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='quimbymeat' timestamp='1323618459' post='1465067']
Was it my meat d.i. that you tried out?
[/quote]

Sorry I completely missed this last time I checked the thread!

Yeah I did try out your Meat DI! Appropriately named, sir ;) That's pretty much the fattest grind I've ever come across!

The main set-up I tried out though was a connection between a GT200 pre-amp and the power-amp or their new B500 (digital one). The opened up a GT200 and wired it together on-the-spot somehow. Sounded great :D

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1325857112' post='1488827']
So, has it arrived, have I missed something?

Really interested in this.
[/quote]

Not yet no :(

They had quite a queue when I went to the factory and they told me it would be about 6/7 weeks or so - so not long now :)