Why become a member? ×

I just ordered a Matamp :D

Ben Jamin

I'm going this afternoon to buy a 1224 for the uni studio and most probably a gt-200 with amendments for me... I'm so excited! I bring the Eden WT400 the Fender Bassman100 from 1976 and the TC RH450 to do comparisons too... and will try the proto of the classD I think...

[quote name='tremblap' timestamp='1331147587' post='1568551']
and I just bought a gt-200 with 2 little experimental mods... and a 1224mk2 and 2 x 212 for the uni... what an amazing bunch these people are!
[/quote]

Nice one! "For the uni" eh? :lol:
What are these experimental mods you speak of? :)

I want the gain to be for longer (therefore subtler control) in the clean zone... and I'd like to have other centre freqs for the mids... as for the colour, I went for red and black... and old logo... should be ace!

the uni one is blue! wow effect!

[quote name='tremblap' timestamp='1331155346' post='1568713']
I want the gain to be for longer (therefore subtler control) in the clean zone... and I'd like to have other centre freqs for the mids... as for the colour, I went for red and black... and old logo... should be ace!

the uni one is blue! wow effect!
[/quote]

Sounds cool! Doesn't the depth control deal with the mids?
Nice colours - never considered blue! :gas:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1332374078' post='1587576']
How's the hybrid coming along? Seem to be still having niggles with the micro amp.
[/quote]

Last I heard of the hybrid Hayden had managed to match the levels and get it working - just working on the sound, so it shouldn't be long now :)
Haven't heard anything else on the class d amps, but I'll make sure to check them out next time I go down!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Ben Jamin' timestamp='1333486265' post='1602514']
Saw [url="http://www.matamp.co.uk/bass-500/"]this[/url] on the new Matamp site today ;)
[/quote]

Been in quite a bit of contact with them about this, they just seem to be struggling to put in the time to sort out niggles, for example the fan power supply. I was asked to contact them at the end of this month for more news. They may make a demo unit which may be tried for a week before placing an order (for those like myself a long way from Huddersfield). Apparently its a clean, warm sound - perfect for the predominantly Motown and soul music of current bands.

No longer holding my breath, I need a little amp quick so I've bought a Harley Benton for hardly anything (yet to arrive) as the development at Matamp may trickle on for longer. I'm still interested (unless the HB is a wonder!) but I can be less impatient lugging my heavy amps around.

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1333614289' post='1604124']
Been in quite a bit of contact with them about this, they just seem to be struggling to put in the time to sort out niggles, for example the fan power supply. I was asked to contact them at the end of this month for more news. They may make a demo unit which may be tried for a week before placing an order (for those like myself a long way from Huddersfield). Apparently its a clean, warm sound - perfect for the predominantly Motown and soul music of current bands.

No longer holding my breath, I need a little amp quick so I've bought a Harley Benton for hardly anything (yet to arrive) as the development at Matamp may trickle on for longer. I'm still interested (unless the HB is a wonder!) but I can be less impatient lugging my heavy amps around.
[/quote]

I saw the thread on those Harley Benton/Red Sub amps - they look pretty good value :)
Apparently the power-amp in my hybrid got fried - pre-amp's still too hot I guess! So they're waiting for a new one to arrive...

[quote name='umcoo' timestamp='1333640620' post='1604691']
What's that all about then?? :gas:
[/quote]

From Matamp facebook:

[quote]GT200 mkII amps are beginning to leave the factory, if your waiting the end is near![/quote]
[quote]It has a different preamp including a mid control, new chassis and upgraded transformers. More details to follow.[/quote]
[quote]We went for a less radical redesign and concentrated on fewer bells and more tone! Current spec is as the old model with a revised preamp with mid, a bit more gain, much less noise, much better transformers (just the mains transformer costs twice as much as both mains and output in the of one) and a bigger chassis. [/quote]

It uses at least one C-core transformer, see blog link in sig for some info on them, hoping more knowledgeables will chip in there.

[quote name='Ben Jamin' timestamp='1333644380' post='1604763']
I saw the thread on those Harley Benton/Red Sub amps - they look pretty good value :)
Apparently the power-amp in my hybrid got fried - pre-amp's still too hot I guess! So they're waiting for a new one to arrive...
[/quote]

Whoops, presumably its the same power amp as in the B500 so they can't be too close to stocking up for production.

(Turns out the Harley Benton is out of stock so, having bought a one sided Superfly from Warpig on here and found the problem with the duff side and ordered a new bit of circuit from Ashdown, I cancelled the order and will await the Matamp patiently. Seems like I'll need to.)

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1334279512' post='1613860']
Isn't one yet. I need to speak to them more after the weekend. But some people with money aside for it will put me in a better position to figure what can be done.
[/quote]

I'm waiting for developments on this here valvey B500 because it sounds wonderful, and failing that I think I'm going to look at the GK MBFusion which is a similar idea. You've piqued my interest, tho...