Why become a member? ×

I just ordered a Matamp :D

Ben Jamin

[quote name='tremblap' timestamp='1327050418' post='1505560']
I plan to go with my Eden wt400 and my TC RH 450, as well as my Fender Bassmand 100... and will certainly try anything I find there. I am looking for a complement to the first two and the Fender is certainly not powerful enough...
[/quote]

Very interested in RH450 vs Matamp comparison!

[quote name='Dave Tipping' timestamp='1327138745' post='1506778']
Nightmare! I was literally going to buy a terror bass head today, until u read this post! Anymore info on size / style etc? TB is now on hold :o/
[/quote]

Can't really comment on what the digital amp looks like because I only saw a prototype back in November, but I hear it's pretty small - smaller than the Terror Bass anyway :)
The hybrid hasn't been built yet so I don't know :P But they said they'd try and fit in into one of their little boxes like:

Go for the Matamp! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just called to pester them about this, prototype is on the test gear, and should be there to have a go on in a week or two. It is all solid state, with a mid control that can boost and cut. If this goes well they are going to work on a valve pre one, there is complication there due to relative levels and input sensitivity, an also treading on Orange TB territory.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1328199082' post='1523524']
Just called to pester them about this, prototype is on the test gear, and should be there to have a go on in a week or two. It is all solid state, with a mid control that can boost and cut. If this goes well they are going to work on a valve pre one, there is complication there due to relative levels and input sensitivity, an also treading on Orange TB territory.
[/quote]

Sounds ace. How do you get to test all this stuff out!? :P

[size=2][size=4]([/size][size=3]Oh and don't suppose there was any mention of my amp? Mine's supposed to have a valve pre[/size][/size])

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='JJMacL' timestamp='1329581969' post='1544518']
There is always that option. Wish I had kept every amp I ever owned...
[/quote]

You can have my last amp! Crate BT220. It's so good it's been gathering dust at school for about six months now :P
Actually to be fair it's not too bad, especially for a first combo - but can't wait for my Matamp!

[quote name='Ben Jamin' timestamp='1329582952' post='1544532']
You can have my last amp! Crate BT220. It's so good it's been gathering dust at school for about six months now :P
Actually to be fair it's not too bad, especially for a first combo - but can't wait for my Matamp!
[/quote]

Even a Crate can be used as a cocktail cabinet....

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1330484506' post='1558276']
For what its worth, I got a message (after my badgering) that the Class D Bass500 has hit a bit of a hitch and will be delayed a couple more weeks.

More fidgetty. I know its not been THAT long, but how long do I go before I just get a Mibass?
[/quote]

It's the risk you take when you order something that isn't available yet IMHO

Haven't heard much on the digital amps but I got word that a prototype's nearly ready for my hybrid!
The problem with the levels (I'm not going to pretend to know much about how all this works! :P ) was because most hybrids just use a valve at the gain stage then have an active EQ going into the digital amp, whereas as mine has a full-on valve pre-amp straight into the digital power-amp.

So hopefully I'll be heading down to the factory soon, and I'll try and find out some more about the digital amps :)

Edited by Ben Jamin