Why become a member? ×

if you had a guitar...

MythSte

In my previous band I was the guitarist...

Here are my three favourites:

Gus G1 Vibrato (well you wouldn't have expected anything else would you?)

FretKing Esprit V Custom

Andreas Black Shark

I'm hoping that one more of these will be getting a matching bass partner soon...

Allo!

I've got the following:

Gibson 335 1964 original model in cherry red, block inlays - absolute peach.
Gretsch Country Gent 1967 twin cutaway model - ala Harrison (brown with painted on F holes!)
Ibanez RGX 350 - locking trem widdler job
PRS SE - teal green
LAG Roxane
Aria PE Elite (LP copy)
Vintage LP (new model but aged)
Schecter PT Tele (diamond series)
Gould LP copy
Rex (by Hofner) jazz hollowbody
Yamaha FG-310 acoustic

but I'd really love a decent Strat, Tele and a real Gibson LP, and perhaps an SG. And a PRS like Fosk's!

While we're on this subject, I'll be putting my Ibanez AS83 Archtop (335-type large-bodied guitar in violin sunburst with P90 clones) up for sale on the "others" for sale section as soon as I get around to it. Complete with hard case, it's absolutely mint & I'll be looking for about £300 if any of you budding guitarists are interested. If so, drop me a pm :)

Funnily enough there's a fair bit of skinny-stringed JapCrap knocking around my gaff:

Westbury Standard
Hohner/Moridaira Washburn Wing knock-off
Unidentifiable very old SG copy
Ibanez Artist 2601 acoustic
Matsumoku set-neck LP copy
Home-made headless guitar - formerly a Columbus SG :)

There's some Korea Diarrhoea too:

Aria Pro PE Series - 2x P90s, Bigsby & glitter
Hohner electro-acoustic

And a Hohner Revelation "Eurofighter" SuperStrat. :ph34r:

And there have been many, many, many others...

Jon.

I'm a fairly recent convert to bass, so have collected a few guitars over the years... mostly an unremarkable collection of acoustics - 6 string, 12 string, classical, and a really nasty semi-acoustic thing.

I've got a Les Paul Studio which I've set about with wood files to round off the top edge a bit so it doesn't dig into my arm as much. Wish I'd made a prettier job of it, but it plays and sounds great... maybe one day I'll get it tidied up and refinished, but I've grown to like it as it is now.

Also got a Tele type thing made by a local luthier (not for me tho). It had a beautiful walnut top with gorgeous inlays which I ruined in a fit of youthful drunken idiocy... I thought it'd look a bit more "metal" if I hacked chunks out of it with a khukuri and nailed beer bottle tops to it. :) Ended up lending it to a mate to learn on as I was so ashamed of what I did to it that I couldn't bear to look at it. It's still got an awesome flame maple neck with a birdseye fingerboard which may get a new lease of life on another body one day....

And I'm just trying to resurrect my old strat too - also made by the same luthier that did the Tele (again not for me originally). The neck on this thing is another cracker - flame front and back, with a darker wood binding around the fretboard and headstock. Going to replace the kahler copy trem with a genuine one, after I broke it while trying to adjust the spring tension. Then all the dodgy home-made pups and active electrics are gonna get replaced, although still haven't decided what to put in there instead yet.

Makes a bit of a contrast to me bog stock OLP MM22 & MM32 tho.

Ped, or anyone else for that matter, there's a music store in York that has a fretless Vigier in. Costs 1649 I think it was? Also available on the interest free payments.

I have played a fretted Vigier, it was a beautifully put together guitar, had a tone I liked too. I was tempted by the fretless but if I'm honest, even with the fretless fingerboard, it was nothing special (IMO). Certainly not worth [i]that [/i]amount of cash.

Mark

If I had a guitar, Hmmmmnnnnn .............................. Hold on! I just remembered I got loads

A few extras not on that old pic now, American strat, cheapo thru neck, tele copy.

Ultimate playability goes to the Fly, But what I hanker after is relic strats.

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='164843' date='Mar 27 2008, 09:51 PM']I have a PRS SE Soapbar... great sound and mine for under £200 with a Hiscox case :)

I play it thru a Peavey Delta Blues all valve combo... 1 x 15" speaker - sounds magic.[/quote]

nice! I had one of those PRS SE Soapbars - one of the single cut ones, paid about that price too!
I have an LP Standard, CIJ tele custom 72 RI, epi 335, gordon-smith GS-1 doublecut (like an LP junior), MIJ Squier strat and a couple of acoustics.
What I really want is an SG, a proper 335, an HH Jaguar and that'd probably do me.

[quote name='mcgraham' post='165019' date='Mar 28 2008, 07:33 AM']Ped, or anyone else for that matter, there's a music store in York that has a fretless Vigier in. Costs 1649 I think it was? Also available on the interest free payments.

I have played a fretted Vigier, it was a beautifully put together guitar, had a tone I liked too. I was tempted by the fretless but if I'm honest, even with the fretless fingerboard, it was nothing special (IMO). Certainly not worth [i]that [/i]amount of cash.

Mark[/quote]

I have never played one actually, just going from my fretless bass to that would seem natural. I would never be able to play it though!!! Chris' Excalibur guitar (fretted) is just a work of art! But yes, very expensive!!

I have two geetars

a Brian May Red Special (with fitted case) bought in 2001
and an Epiphone SG (Angus Young type twin p/u) in cherry red.

Used to have a Yamaha Pacifica Tele, which I swapped for a bass, kind of regret that as the Tele was a really nice guitar and very easy to play.

As an observation from reading this thread, there seems to be quite a few people here who like/own Teles

cheers
Fraser

I've got a couple left (plus a nylon string), but been through loads, Les Pauls, Strats, Eggles, US BC Rich, Parker Fly & several Ibanez. Play bass more now, so paired it down to this (Ibanez Artcore Custom)

And this, (Ibanez sz320) Which I have customized with Bareknuckle pups and some sandpaper!

Played through a Zoom G7 & a Laney valve amp.

I play a bit of guitar, but don't seem to suffer from GAS in the same way as I do for basses!

My two guitars are a sunburst/maple 50s Telecaster re-issue and a mapleglo Rickenbacker 330. Both lovely guitars, which are way to good for my playing!

What would be nice would be a mapleglo Ric 4003 to match......