Why become a member? ×

if you had a guitar...

MythSte

[quote name='The Funk' post='165991' date='Mar 29 2008, 07:01 PM']What guitar would I have? That's easy. I'm in the process of selling my guitar collection (Epiphone Sheraton....)
I only want two guitars: a tobacco sunburst single-cut Les Paul Jr-type guitar[/quote]

those Gordon-Smith guitars are such good quality and value for money and don't seem to have mass appeal second hand so you should be able to pick up a bargain second hand.

mine!

PM me a price for your sheraton!

[quote name='Dillsfretless' post='165027' date='Mar 28 2008, 09:03 AM']If I had a guitar, Hmmmmnnnnn .............................. Hold on! I just remembered I got loads

A few extras not on that old pic now, American strat, cheapo thru neck, tele copy.

Ultimate playability goes to the Fly, But what I hanker after is relic strats.[/quote]

Chapman Sticks?...now your just showing off

[quote name='dlloyd' post='164869' date='Mar 27 2008, 11:25 PM']This is mine, sitting on fellow BC'er Dub Junkie's stairs before I virtually stole it from him...

Musicman Axis Super Sport.

It's a great guitar to play, everything about it is right. It's cured most of my GAS for skinny six-stringers, but I can't help but think I might need another one identical to it in case I break a string on stage.[/quote]

David,

ooh I miss that one! I should never have let it go but then again it did allow me to buy my '94 Albert Lee which is my favourite 6 stringer ever

Keir

[quote name='WalMan' post='165656' date='Mar 29 2008, 12:04 AM']And yet I mentioned mine to a guitarist last Saturday evening & there was a definite air of "Peavey? Bag o' sh1te". Mine may not be the most expensive of models (£199 as I recall) but it looks good, plays well and sounds great for what I am using it for, both electric through the PODxT & acoustic model straight into the recorder. Still there you go.[/quote]

I Wouldn't worry about it too much, it's just guitar snobbery. I have played lead guitar for the past 30 odd years and I have had all kinds of stuff so I know when something is nice. There are people with more money than sense who spend thousands on a guitar just to thrash out 3 chords in their bedroom. They wouldn't know a decent guitar from a bag of crap as long as it had a particular name stamped on the head.

I started playing bass a little later than guitar but as a guitarist I always wanted a Jazzmaster.
I loved the offcut shape and still do:-
I bought an MIM Jazz bass which I still truly love (havent actually played a bass yet that can justify replacing it), then got round to buying a US Jazzmaster and then this refin Jag came along ( which I swapped for a Tokai ES335 thingy)
Heres a pic of em all

I've got a Dean EvoXM which is great for £79, except for the machineheads, which I've replaced.
I'd like a clean single coil sound too for funk, so I might try a coil-tap or parallel option.

also got an Ovation pinnacle electro-acoustic that my brother left in a near-dead state with me (long improbable story), and I've patched up.