Why become a member? ×

So my parents bought me a Fender Precision copy..........

silentbob

[quote name='el borracho' timestamp='1321786090' post='1442919']
It reminds me of a Gordy Blueshift

[url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/gordy-custom-blueshift-hand-crafted-bass-guitar/83575626"]http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/gordy-custom-blueshift-hand-crafted-bass-guitar/83575626[/url]
[/quote]

A bit.. but then the Gordy wasn't handcrafted on verbal instructions by Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles Jnr. In fact, strike that - if they had made it, it would be the Carlseberg of bass - not a hacked up Precision Copy. The description should read
[quote]"I took my Precision Bass copy to Newtons Violins, and the work-experience kid triped with it. After it had bounced from the bandsaw to the sander they were very appologetic and painted it black. They were able to rescue what remained of the scratchplate too and cut it so it looked like it was more than a Woodworking accident. They made me swear I wouldn't mention their name anywhere near this atrocity, but I need to sell it on ebay as it makes my eyeballs bleed and haunts my nightmares (I'm sure it moves on its own.. and its LOOKING at me.. can you see it..?). Im sure Newtons will be sending the boys round as I have literaly castrated their reputation, so please be fooled that this is a real nice custom instrument... wait, I hear the door.. its the Newtons Heavies.. QUICK, bid now..."[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...