Why become a member? ×

When a cheapo Aria is worth 1k.....

lemmywinks

Oh dear....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUSTOM-BUILT-BASS-GUITAR-PRO-AIRBRUSHED-L-K-/180754643413?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a15d0f9d5

I've mentioned this guy before, he's local to me [shudders] and has a habit of butchering guitars, giving them a half arsed motorcycle gas tank spray job and sticking them up on eBay for many times their value.

Here we have what looks like an Aria Pro body with an Aria STB neck on, the P pickup rout filled in and the tuners ground down to a funny (and sharp looking) shape. It now sports a fuzzy amateur paint job which qualifies it to be called a "custom built" instrument with a "pro airbrushed" finish.

So that's parts from 2 cheapy basses that have been bolted together and painted in a shed, seems like a bargain for £999.....

[quote name='lemmywinks' timestamp='1321132363' post='1435814']
Oh dear....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUSTOM-BUILT-BASS-GUITAR-PRO-AIRBRUSHED-L-K-/180754643413?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a15d0f9d5

I've mentioned this guy before, he's local to me [shudders] and has a habit of butchering guitars, giving them a half arsed motorcycle gas tank spray job and sticking them up on eBay for many times their value.

Here we have what looks like an Aria Pro body with an Aria STB neck on, the P pickup rout filled in and the tuners ground down to a funny (and sharp looking) shape. It now sports a fuzzy amateur paint job which qualifies it to be called a "custom built" instrument with a "pro airbrushed" finish.

So that's parts from 2 cheapy basses that have been bolted together and painted in a shed, seems like a bargain for £999.....
[/quote]

Do they sell?

What chutzpa - £3,000 for an original work of art by an artist that doesn't come up on a google search! Filed down machine heads on a £999 bass instead of a new set and out of date condoms. And by the looks of teh feedback the more expensive items don't sell!

I particularly like the Hand Made Tibetan Gong. Shame it wasn't handmade by an actual Tibetan!
It looks like a piece of scrap metal hanging from a B@Q shelf bracket with green garden twine.

They say 'where there's muck, there's brass', although i doubt its real brass !!!

This is still the most baffling:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUSTOM-BUILT-BASS-GUITAR-L-K-/180754012416?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a15c75900

Ebony neck? B0ll0cks!

Notice it says short scale body, yet it's a bog standard Fender copy neck with the headstock butchered. This is explained here:

[size=2]"[i]I ALSO NEED TO POINT OUT THAT THE TUNING IS A BIT STRANGE MAYBE YOU CAN SORT IT OUT OR EXTEND THE BOTTOM OF THE BODY SO THE BRIDGE CAN GO FURTHER BACK...ITS ASHAME FOR SUCH A NICE INSTRUMENT TO BE HUNG ON THE WALL...THEN AGAIN WHY NOT...ITS A WORK OF ART...[/i]"[/size]

[quote name='lemmywinks' timestamp='1321201024' post='1436352']
This is still the most baffling:
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUSTOM-BUILT-BASS-GUITAR-L-K-/180754012416?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a15c75900"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a15c75900[/url]

Ebony neck? B0ll0cks!

Notice it says short scale body, yet it's a bog standard Fender copy neck with the headstock butchered. This is explained here:

[size=2]"[i]I ALSO NEED TO POINT OUT THAT THE TUNING IS A BIT STRANGE MAYBE YOU CAN SORT IT OUT OR EXTEND THE BOTTOM OF THE BODY SO THE BRIDGE CAN GO FURTHER BACK...ITS ASHAME FOR SUCH A NICE INSTRUMENT TO BE HUNG ON THE WALL...THEN AGAIN WHY NOT...ITS A WORK OF ART...[/i]"[/size]
[/quote]

That made me quite ill...... :)

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1321179636' post='1436051']
Lets not forget his purchase of E-books on penis enlarging.
[/quote]

They obviously didnt work, as he had to sell his out of date condoms (obviously too big or just unused..)

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1321213847' post='1436618']
They obviously didnt work, as he had to sell his out of date condoms (obviously too big or just unused..)
[/quote]

[b][font="Arial"][size="2"]"(please note that these condoms are out of date...please do not be put off as are all perfectly sealed and packaged as new plus i use them).[/size][/font][/b]"

What a bizarre thing to list on eBay! Who actually buys out of date johnny bags?

[quote name='lemmywinks' timestamp='1321214678' post='1436631']
[b][font=Arial][size=2]"(please note that these condoms are out of date...please do not be put off as are all perfectly sealed and packaged as new plus i use them).[/size][/font][/b]"

What a bizarre thing to list on eBay! Who actually buys out of date johnny bags?
[/quote]

depending how you read that they could be used and then put back in the packets and re sealed...

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1321215596' post='1436651']
I thought that too. But thought maybe my eyes were deceiving me.

As for the out of date johnnys do the drug mules still swallow there cargo in them??
[/quote]

'Please note these are used but have only been through my digestive tract once...'

This is a work of art.............and the tuning's a bit funny (because he chopped off to much body and the bridge can't go back any further). [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUSTOM-BUILT-BASS-GUITAR-L-K-/180754012416?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a15c75900#ht_500wt_949"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUSTOM-BUILT-BASS-GUITAR-L-K-/180754012416?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a15c75900#ht_500wt_949[/url]

[quote name='Dave D' timestamp='1321167241' post='1435975']
I particularly like the Hand Made Tibetan Gong. Shame it wasn't handmade by an actual Tibetan!
It looks like a piece of scrap metal hanging from a B@Q shelf bracket with green garden twine.

They say 'where there's muck, there's brass', although i doubt its real brass !!!
[/quote]and below that the "[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]VERY LARGE GONG MALLET[/font][/size]" that would seem to be a croquet mallet with a bit of a charity shop leather jacket hammered onto the end :)

I really think it's time that jigsaws & sanders should be licensed in the same way that shotguns are!!

One of the conditions of obtaining a jigsaw licence should be that they have to be kept in a locked toolbox & never allowed to be in the same room as a bass guitar!
Anyone that has a sanding fixation & owns or has access to a bass guitar will not be considered for a licence!!

[quote name='Chest Rockwell' timestamp='1321893280' post='1444132']
had to post... £3,000 for a recordable cassette with 'Prodigy 96' written on it in pen??!!!??
[/quote]

But it's a demo - sent to him when he used to advertise for bands for his record label. Never mind that the Prodigy were happily signed to XL way before and after 96, perhaps they thought he'd offer them a better deal :)