Why become a member? ×

Ba55 Stu

Count Bassy

Hello again,
If I am right then a remarkable coincidence has caused me to break my self imposed exile ( have been lurking but not posting for about 6 months)

Anyway, I seem to recall someone posting a photograph of a a car reg 'BA55 STU' several months ago. I only followed that very registration tonight, north bound on the M25 from the queue for the Dartford tunnel to the end of the road works (10 - 15 miles in all!).

Wow (or nor if I'm wrong)

The count

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1319820782' post='1419037']
there are still some ba55 numbers available at dvla. i could find my name (rog) and initials (rad) but i'll settle for ace. sorry about lower case.
[/quote]

Not so many now. I could only find BA55 AAA

I'm a bit puzzled by this: http://www.bossreg.com/plates/detail.html?plate=BA55ACE . Is yours up for sale, or are they a bunch of chancers?

I am fairly certain I saw BA55 CAB on a taxi in Victoria Street a year or so ago.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1319823842' post='1419093']

Not so many now. I could only find BA55 AAA

I'm a bit puzzled by this: [url="http://www.bossreg.com/plates/detail.html?plate=BA55ACE"]http://www.bossreg.c...l?plate=BA55ACE[/url] . Is yours up for sale, or are they a bunch of chancers?

I am fairly certain I saw BA55 CAB on a taxi in Victoria Street a year or so ago.
[/quote]

i'm more than a bit puzzled, pete! mine is certainly not for sale, so how come these guys are advertising it at |£10,200?! looks good on a lambo, though.

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1319919240' post='1420192']

Could be F for Fender.
[/quote]

That's why my wife bought it for me for my 50th birthday. I was seriously into Jazz basses at the time but it got me thinking about F basses so I tried one and thought ooooh yesss.

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1319787030' post='1418498']
Anyway welcome back but why did you go and exhile yourself?
[/quote]

Nothing sinister, just found I was spending far too much time on here instead of playing my bass!!, and to be honest dropping out (of posting only - not reading) did give me a load of time back.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1319822110' post='1419060']
Wecome back :)

Did you ever get that Leicester band thing sorted out? Or have you got a new proj. under way?
[/quote]

Well remembered Skank!

I did get it sorted out in that I told them how I was feeling about the distance and a few of the other problems I was having (sound quality at rehearsals etc - purely acoustics - not a problem with the playing) and said that I'd understand if, given that, they found another bass player, which they did. All reasonably amicable, although I'd say it all in a conversation rather than by E-mail next time. E-mails have no subtlety.

After a few unsuccessful auditions I started to wonder if I had been a bit hasty, but I've now found something else which looks promising, about 20 minutes away, so it all worked out OK eventually.

The count.

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1320014295' post='1421388']
I've now found something else which looks promising, about 20 minutes away, so it all worked out OK eventually..
[/quote]
Good news, M. Le Comte. Spank that plank in a South Northants stylee.

Edited by skankdelvar