Why become a member? ×

Mmmmmm...... Fender Limited Edition La Cabronita “Porrazo” Precision Bass®

TRBboy

Spotted this in a GAK newsletter email; [url="http://products.fendercustomshop.com/en-GB/products/search.php?partno=1510008806"]http://products.fendercustomshop.com/en-GB/products/search.php?partno=1510008806[/url]

I think it looks awesome, but at £2799 there's no chance for me! Besides, I could buy about about 6 used Sandbergs for that!

[quote name='merello' timestamp='1316937536' post='1384453']

[/quote]
Hey Merello,
Pray tell - how have you posted that picture? It's almost 3D to me, the head even sticks out over the 2 borders of the forum page.
I don't know if it looks the same to everyone?

Cheerz, John

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1316946093' post='1384561']

Can they actually prove that?
[/quote]
They don't have to - they're Fender & what they say is the absolute truth. :)
The only thing I thought when I saw that bass the first time was "What a waste of a really good TV Jones pickup".

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1316945698' post='1384552']
Hey Merello,
Pray tell - how have you posted that picture? It's almost 3D to me, the head even sticks out over the 2 borders of the forum page.
I don't know if it looks the same to everyone?

Cheerz, John
[/quote]

I see this too! My guess is that the image has a transparent background, which is possible with .png format as far as I remember.

I want this bass quite badly, it's just the kind of thing I like, simple design, very little to it, but what few components there are, are of the highest quality. Obviously overpriced though. It'd be great if they did a jap or mex version, or even a squire, then people could buy it and put a good pickup and circuit in it themselves.

Edited by electric nate

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1316941800' post='1384488']Mmmmmmm - - did this back in August [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/149356-the-best-p-bass-ive-seen-for-a-long-time/"]http://basschat.co.u...or-a-long-time/[/url][/quote]

Apologies, didn't realise it had been done already!

I know it's very simple folks, but that's what I like about it personally. I'm not really a coffee table sort of guy, and I like that this just looks like an out and out rock machine! I do think the price is absurd for what it is though!

It's got me thinking about doing a '51 P type of project but with a MM 'bucker and active eq.... Don't know what would be the cheapest way to do it though?

I checked out the La Cabronita guitar a while back, with a view to building one similar for an old bandmate. I can't fathom what they're charging so damn much for - even if its the highest quality components, there just aren't that many components in it!

The price of exclusivity, it seems.

How is that worth that much money, given so many luthiers could make it for so much less. You know, I sort of understand some custom shop prices, because the cost of the parts and labour is f-ing immense, but I honestly believe anyone who has the right tools could knock that up for under £200 (electronics aside).

One person's trash is another person's treasure. If you like it and have that kind of money lying around in your change saucer then go for it.

I think it's a ridiculously overpriced bitsa. I wouldn't buy it if I had a full change saucer the size of the Ark Royal.

[quote name='dc2009' timestamp='1317043559' post='1385834']
How is that worth that much money, given so many luthiers could make it for so much less.
[/quote]
Apparently it's because of the name on the headstock.
That little decal automatically transforms any piece of sh*t into the greatest basses/guitars in the cosmos.
The Fender marketing people must just spend all day pissing themselves laughing at the stuff they can get people to buy.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1317069848' post='1386454']
What's up with the finish on the upper horn?
[/quote]

It looks like most of the Fender shop pressed their fingerprints onto it, then dinged it a few times