Why become a member? ×

What do do

jdt

I`m 45, playing in an originals band, and looking to reform the punk covers band I was in until it split early this year.

My concession to age - which is more to do with a bad back that I`ve had for over half my life anyway - is to have bought two Barefaced cabs, to make things easier for me. Other than that, still making a racket, and 45 is a number that`s all. When I feel I want to stop, it will be because I`m not enjoing playing any more, and nothing to do with when I was born.

Coming up 48. My only problem is that a late night playing really takes it out of me. I've no idea how I used to play three gigs over a weekend. You just do what you can do and what you enjoy.

I've been thinking about getting some lightweight gear but I currently play in a very loud pub rock band with vocal only PA. So the two 15s and 500W amp is kinda what it takes. Any suggestions gratefully received though.

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='1355046' date='Aug 29 2011, 10:26 AM']So the two 15s and 500W amp is kinda what it takes. Any suggestions gratefully received though.[/quote]

You know what's coming ... ditch the Trace gear, buy an Orange Terror Bass and your choice of Barefaced cab from Alex. Sorted.

There's a reason so many Basschatters have gone that route, y'know.

If you're anywhere near London on Friday you can hear my rig at the George IV in Chiswick.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1355047' date='Aug 29 2011, 10:30 AM']You know what's coming ... ditch the Trace gear, buy an Orange Terror Bass and your choice of Barefaced cab from Alex. Sorted.

There's a reason so many Basschatters have gone that route, y'know.

If you're anywhere near London on Friday you can hear my rig at the George IV in Chiswick.[/quote]

I just sent a "help, what do I buy" to Barefaced :)

I also have a "spare" Ashdown rig with an ABM-500 head so I think I'm ok on the head front.

[quote name='Spike Vincent' post='1354633' date='Aug 28 2011, 06:47 PM']Damn right! 49 tomorrow...Still playing a Fender P down by my knees...[/quote]

Good for you ! But if you keep that up, you'll end up like the hunchback of Notre Dame, and have arthritis too, by the age of 55. :)