Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Compact Arrived

nottswarwick

Well, here it is, with my ABM head on top. This time the right way up lol

[attachment=85262:DSCF1042.JPG]

First impressions are that is it built to a far higher standard than the big one I tried 18 months ago. Very nice indeed.

Fired up the rig quickly, and given it a brief pasting with my MIM P with rounds on it.

Big sound. PLENTY or top end and bite, which I was expecting but still surprised me.

Not had much more time with it, but I can get a big range of sounds from the head through it. Not sure what I am expecting at a gig, and not sure how it will change in character when the woofer is broken in, but so far it seems good, and great for the size.

More feedback to come.

Chris

Edited by nottswarwick
Sorted your pic out for you :) - Sibob

And I will tel you what part 2, the ABM head is GREAT. Anyone who claims they can only get mud out of these heads is clearly in need of a lesson in how to actually use one.

I might actually keep it. Although I like the idea of a shuttle 9.

and another compact

or midget

hahahaha

[quote name='Highfox' post='1311614' date='Jul 21 2011, 03:05 PM']Congrats Chris, looks the Biz.
I just had to delay on ordering the Super twelve, but have now seen a GB NeoX 212T going locally for a decent price. Decisions, decisions.[/quote]
No Decision - NeoX it is!

Look on the bright side, if we ever get a bass day sorted out again in the midlands, I can stack my S12 on top of your Compact - that should be an interesting rig.....

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='1311754' date='Jul 21 2011, 04:59 PM']the neox212 is a good cab, but for me I could afford neither this nor the s12, hence the compact at my budget seemed like the one.

Time will tell[/quote]

[quote name='Sibob' post='1311951' date='Jul 21 2011, 07:34 PM']Yus, I didn't want to hijack the thread....but figure we both got them today, so its ok lol
It'll be at the SE bash.

Little bit like the Vintage...except I can cut it in half :)

Si[/quote]

No worries two together looks ace. Question really is 2 compacts or a compactandmidget lol.

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='1312051' date='Jul 21 2011, 08:56 PM']Question really is 2 compacts or a compactandmidget lol.[/quote]

Regarding this, Alex said that a Compact & a Midget would essentially sound like a louder Compact, whereas two Compacts would give you a lot more bottom end and low frequencies
Si