Why become a member? ×

Wombles to play Glastonbury

slobluesine

[quote name='deepbass5' post='1269358' date='Jun 14 2011, 10:30 PM']He probably knows if he puts them on, on the last day they won't be able to resist staying behind to pick up the rubbish. :)[/quote]

Brilliant!! :)

[quote name='slobluesine' post='1268949' date='Jun 14 2011, 05:53 PM']yeah, yeah, but???? would you pay/want to see them at Glastonbury? now! really!!![/quote]

They're playing on one of the smaller stages half way through the day. As there are over 50 stages at glastonbury I don't think it has an impact on anyone's decision to buy a ticket. I'm more bothered about the likes of Tony Temper on the main stage. I'll probably be over at the jazz and blues tent I reckon. :)

[quote name='deepbass5' post='1269358' date='Jun 14 2011, 10:30 PM']He probably knows if he puts them on, on the last day they won't be able to resist staying behind to pick up the rubbish. :)[/quote]
Yeah, I thought that. Hope it doesn't rain too hard, it'll be a bugger to get the mud out of their fur.
Last time I saw' em on TOTP or whatever, the one playing bass had a Ken Smith 6 of some sort (seriously), so I guess they're doing ok... Or is that another thread?!

[quote name='slobluesine' post='1268917' date='Jun 14 2011, 05:31 PM']the f***in wombles playing at the biggest rock festival on the planet beggars believe?[/quote]

Lets face it, Glastonbury has always been a Council tip of bursting at the seams rubbish....[mostly, a few acts save the day]
So why single out a multi single selling hairy rock band? seems just the ticket to me. :)

Garry

[quote name='fatboyslimfast' post='1269262' date='Jun 14 2011, 09:37 PM']They aren't just good pop tunes - technically they are interesting as well. Mike Batt had a knack of bringing non-mainstream musical writing to the masses, albeit subtly hidden in catchy tunes. All sorts of genres are included from Mozart to Reggae to Barbershop, many on a single album.

And yes. I have Womble vinyl. And if I were to be visiting the mudpit at Worthy Farm, would be wombling along to their stage in plenty of time![/quote]

+1,000,000 to all of this....

[quote name='ficelles' post='1269505' date='Jun 15 2011, 12:39 AM']Wombles & U2 play Glastonbury:

Wombles: invented recycling, wear great costumes, play lovely pop tunes.

U2: have a carbon footprint larger than Brazil, zero dress sense, make Bartok sound snappy and cool.

Micheal Eavis: who is Uncle Bulgaria this year? Ooops did I say that out loud...

ficelles[/quote]

Possibly the best thing I've ever read on BC... :)

[quote name='slobluesine' post='1269448' date='Jun 14 2011, 11:45 PM']that's such a lame xcuse bumnote :) i've obviously entered the dark side of BC here and i think i need to get out sharpish,

and 'the wombles tunes are good' .... so what's your favourite before i go?[/quote]

It gets worse, In the 70s I played in a keyboard based trio, The ketboard player wenmt to the same school as Mike Batt. We used to play remember your a womble for a while, Always went down well.

I have no shame. I will do most things for money

Edited by bumnote

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='1270114' date='Jun 15 2011, 01:56 PM']It gets worse. For myself, I'd pay good money to dress in a Womble suit and play Glastonbury. As much as it took.[/quote]

In my last band, I used to wear spandex leggings, a leather biker jacket (bare chested) wig, mirrored shades, a German airforce officers hat and a leather codpiece!

How I wished I'd only had to wear a furry suit!

Edited by 4-string-thing

[quote name='4-string-thing' post='1270702' date='Jun 15 2011, 09:19 PM']In my last band, I used to wear spandex leggings, a leather biker jacket (bare chested) wig, mirrored shades, a German airforce officers hat and a leather codpiece!

How I wished I'd only had to wear a furry suit![/quote]

And what about when you were playing..? :)

My thoughts on this:

It`ll be darn hot in those suits on stage - assuming that The Wombles are in fact humans in hairy suits.

Please someone, shatter my illusions here, and tell me that Wombles are real creatures!

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1270958' date='Jun 16 2011, 07:20 AM']Please someone, shatter my illusions here, and tell me that Wombles are real creatures![/quote]

Course they are! :)

Bernard Cribbens is, in actual fact, Tobermory dressed up in a human suit...

• 2 weeks later...