Why become a member? ×

Excellent letter in latest BGM

obbm

[quote name='Johnston' post='1241342' date='May 23 2011, 11:23 AM']For those that can't get the Mag. What did it say??[/quote]

It's about the narrowmindedness and negativity of many of the bass players who have been interviewed in the last 3 issues.

[quote name='Machines' post='1241403' date='May 23 2011, 12:05 PM']Oh well, i'm in last months copy ! :)[/quote]

BassChat take over BGM! - Muuuuutineeeeeeeeeee!! ha ha ha

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1241373' date='May 23 2011, 11:49 AM']And a photo of our own Dood (Dan Veall) with an article in which he discusses the merits of his 7-string Shuker![/quote]

[b]Only[/b] a 7 string? :)

I always said Dood was narrow minded... :)

Having read the letter I think the writer has slightly(!) missed the point.

The section called "Bassically Speaking" is where Bassists tell us "what they do in a minute". It is clear to me they are all given the same set of questions to answer.

I would guess they start:
1. Describe your bass sound and style
2. Do you use a pick, fingers or slap?
3. Do you play a 5 or 6 string? etc etc.

It's therefore no surprise that " out of 27 Bass Players, 18 of them felt the need to tell us they don't play 5 or 6 string!"

What I find much more worrying is that on the same letters page, someone has written in asking for an interview with the McFly Bassist....( irony!)

I have to agree with Yorks5stringer that the writer may has slighly missed the point. Out of curiosity, i wonder if the writer is the same Geoff Livermore that plays in a Foo Fighters tribute band, and if it is, would he be so outraged if Nate Mendel gave the same answers! :)

[quote name='RhysP' post='1241667' date='May 23 2011, 02:41 PM']The one with Angus on the cover?

I'm impressed![/quote]
I cut out all the pictures from that and made a collage and stuck it on my bedroom wall! I can't believe that 30 years ago, Bilbo might have seen me having a w***

[quote name='silddx' post='1241672' date='May 23 2011, 02:46 PM']I cut out all the pictures from that and made a collage and stuck it on my bedroom wall! I can't believe that 30 years ago, Bilbo might have seen me having a w***[/quote]
Maybe that's what turned him to jazz.... :)

[quote name='dood' post='1241419' date='May 23 2011, 12:13 PM']BassChat take over BGM! - Muuuuutineeeeeeeeeee!! ha ha ha[/quote]

I'm in the Lemmy edition of Bass Player. And the Gene Simmons issue from 1996 ish