Why become a member? ×

Vintage Trouble on Jools...

Tegs

[quote name='uke' post='1205302' date='Apr 19 2011, 10:35 PM']KD could have done with another rehearsal![/quote]

Disagree! Outrageously wild version of Constant Craving. That band knows what they're doing.

Vintage Trouble very well honed. The guitarist was a bit route one '70s blues for me, but a good act.. they'll gain a lot by that.

[quote name='KK Jale' post='1205312' date='Apr 19 2011, 10:46 PM']Disagree! Outrageously wild version of Constant Craving. That band knows what they're doing.[/quote]

The band probably does know what it's doing,but I'm not sure that she did. She certainly didn't know when to come in.

[quote name='Doddy' post='1205325' date='Apr 19 2011, 10:53 PM']The band probably does know what it's doing,but I'm not sure that she did. She certainly didn't know when to come in.[/quote]

Ha! I'd forgotten that! Double length intro, yeah, big boo-boo. But I'll take great vibe over honest mistakes any day...

[quote name='Tegs' post='1205286' date='Apr 19 2011, 10:21 PM']Now that's what you call a band! Never seen 'em before, will be looking for them again![/quote]

+1
I read about them in Guitarist over the weekend, checked them out on YouTube and was very impressed. I hope to catch them live in London next week. I hear that they're supporting Brian May on tour soon

[quote name='Zach' post='1205333' date='Apr 19 2011, 10:59 PM']At first i thought KD was a dude, and was ultimately dissapointing.[/quote]

Me too. I only switched over as she came on and thought it was a chubby Paul Heaton. I was a big Housemartins fan so got quite excited, then the disappointment hit as I realised it was KD!

[quote name='KK Jale' post='1205312' date='Apr 19 2011, 10:46 PM']Disagree! Outrageously wild version of Constant Craving. That band knows what they're doing.

Vintage Trouble very well honed. The guitarist was a bit route one '70s blues for me, but a good act.. they'll gain a lot by that.[/quote]

+1 . Despite the shakey start thought KD was great, and the band awesome.
Liked Vintage Trouble too, nice Les Paul etc. Great energy and looked to be enjoying it.
Hugh Laurie okay but nothing exceptional IMO.
Maverick Sabre and The Agitator not my kind of thing.
Fleet Foxes though - WTF? Average song with dodgy harmonies drenched in reverb, and flakey guitars (even managed to break
two strings). Don't see the appeal myself, just reminds me of boring support acts I witnessed in the 70's.!!

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1206464' date='Apr 20 2011, 09:44 PM']KD Lang blew them all off stage.

Fleet Foxes....too much knitware for my liking.[/quote]
:)

Thought Vintage Trouble's lead singer was a real 'star' - the kind they used to make before it became the norm for male singers to end up in dodgy boy bands or singing crap ballads on talent competitions..

I'm a huge KD Lang fan and it was really good to see her playing again with a band that has a lot of verve and energy..

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1205288' date='Apr 19 2011, 10:23 PM']You mean Trouble as in the christian, Black Sabbath sound alikes?[/quote]

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1205307' date='Apr 19 2011, 10:43 PM']sh*t[/quote]

:) My thoughts exactly! Here we go.......

Now thats rawk!

The singer in Vintage Trouble was a class act......the others in the band were trying far too hard (they need to take a chill pill).
KD lang is still the real deal though.......even though she forgot her cue (she should really know where to come in she wrote the song).