Why become a member? ×

Rattlin Bone's promo video

Clarky

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1144194' date='Feb 28 2011, 09:46 AM']What was the cameraman doing when he did that shot down your fretboard? :)[/quote]
That was quite ridiculous - the director was very 'arty' and so for that shot I had to play the DB at a stupid angle (45 degrees to the ground) so he could point the camera down the neck! The whole video took about 5 hours to shoot as there were so many angles

Just listened to some more of your stuff on MySpace and YouTube - really like it. Mrs. A loves the promo video - who was the director? She has just commented that she would like to see some of their other work (I guess she's a bit "arty" as well).

I love the whole Baron Samedi and his Zombie musicians thing you have going on there.

Edited by arsenic

[quote name='arsenic' post='1144263' date='Feb 28 2011, 10:56 AM']Just listened to some more of your stuff on MySpace and YouTube - really like it. Mrs. A loves the promo video - who was the director? She has just commented that she would like to see some of their other work (I guess she's a bit "arty" as well).

I love the whole Baron Samedi and his Zombie musicians thing you have going on there.[/quote]
Thanks! The director is Christian Murray, who came to us through shared contacts on the South Coast (half of the band are from the Brighton/Chichester/Bognor stretch of the coast and we recorded it at the theatre in Chichester University). Cost us nothing as the drummer is a lecturer at the Uni and the director did it as a favour

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='1155739' date='Mar 9 2011, 07:26 PM']Very nice. I would have said you could have done with a few more shots but then again being a bass player i'm probably biased.[/quote]
I agree and not in an egotistical, look-at-me manner. I was surprised when I saw the final cut how little the DB featured, especially compared to the drums. The director said right from the off how beautiful my DB looked and how it should feature ... and yet the only shots where the camera lingers are those ones looking down the fingerboard. Still, the video was essentially done for free so can't complain