Why become a member? ×

Vintage Fender dream stock

Sibob

For anyone into their vintage fenders (no moaning about prices please :) ), check out these guys across the pond.
They've just come back from a vintage trade show it seems......if I was rich!!

[url="http://www.kebosbassworks.com"]http://www.kebosbassworks.com[/url]

Si

I don't think I've ever commented on threads like this because it's horses for courses but... silly money for highly modified old basses just because there are still a few old bits left.

I fully understand that lots of people are into old Fenders but 10995 dollars for the remains of a stack knob jazz? It will sell without doubt, but not to me. And I think I could fake an old Fender well enough to fool lots of people. There must be thousands of people more skilled in faking than me so how the hell can we know what we are buying? And why does it matter? If we believe our old Fender is a 1965 or whatever it really doesn't matter if it's a fake. If there really was a difference in sound or playability I would see a point. But it's just wood and metal. If it's your thing then you'll never agree with me and I do understand that.

I'm not looking for an argument, just pouring out my thoughts on the link.

No offence intended. I love old cars.

Frank.

[quote name='supabock' post='1133141' date='Feb 19 2011, 10:24 AM']Anyone actually bought anything from these people??[/quote]
Not yet, but If I hadnt just bought my Ray5 a few weeks ago that 77' Mocha Ray would be on its way here sight unseen no doubt about it!
Just doing the Calcs it comes in at £1621 which is very good IMO the dollar prices cloud the initial thought. Even the pre cbs P's are less than what most are asking private in our FS section when you do the conversion.

[quote name='gary mac' post='1133143' date='Feb 19 2011, 10:27 AM']Pete, dont know if you seen this site, but i found it useful, mostly for putting me off actually ordering :)

[url="http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/"]http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-d...ax-calculation/[/url][/quote]

Whats a realistic price for shipping and insurance? I put £150 shipping and £50 insurance and the total price comes in about £2500 for a £1621 bass If I was American and fancied a drive to collect it! But does it qualify for all the same rates due to its age and if the shop were to accidentally sell it me for $1000 and me accidenatally wire them $1595 direct that might help level things out a bit :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1133152' date='Feb 19 2011, 10:37 AM']But does it qualify for all the same rates due to its age and if the shop were to accidentally sell it me for $1000 and me accidenatally wire them $1595 direct that might help level things out a bit :)[/quote]

ha ha ..legit, huh..??

But sure, if you have that sort of relationship with them.
Very very envious of the prices they yanks can get... and I think there is an element of what our market will pay when the prices of product transfer over here

wow, that's a lot of investment stock, unless they are SOR (sale or return)?

....I can tell you that the '81 Stingray isn't very original...at all...in the slightest...shameful....and looks finished in 'crushingly beautiful' 'hearing aid beige ' RPO Color Code 50 :) ....I'll get my coat...