Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Own up, did you think your bass/guitar was plastic?

waynepunkdude

Err yeah! The first bass I played had cheap and nasty sunburst finish and the second was a Gibson copy with varnished wood. The wood grain gave it away both times. Also I was not daft enough to think they were made of plastic. No offence.

Maybe you bought one of those plastic toy guitars that played themselves or whatever they did?

BTW how old were you at the time, what bass was it & when did you realise it was made of wood?

My Dad was a carpenter so I knew from very early days what was wood & what wasn't, not to mention my first bass guitar was hand made, out of WOOD that my Dad selected specially for the job :)

To be fair - when I was a lad - I'm not so sure that Plastic had been invented :)

Edited by KiOgon

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1107390' date='Jan 29 2011, 05:26 PM']When you first started playing did you realise the body was made out of wood?[/quote]
No. Because I was 4 years old, it was one of these and it [i]was [/i]made out of plastic. Probably from recycled Maccaferris:

[size=1]NB: Tuner placement requires semi-reverse post-winding technique[/size]

Edited by skankdelvar