Why become a member? ×

Sue Ryder Bass Arrived

tom1946

[quote name='tom1946' post='1123525' date='Feb 11 2011, 08:00 AM']I have a dark blue/maple board and if I had a blindfold on I wouldn't know the difference from any other P bass I have. Great value for money.[/quote]

You mean you wouldn't be able to tell it apart from teh other 4 Sue Ryder basses you have got? :)

[quote name='basskit_case' post='1123642' date='Feb 11 2011, 10:43 AM']The website has some navy blue with maple finger boards back up for sale.

Can somebody buy these please so I dont have to :) , I have managed to absatin so far![/quote]

Damn, wish you hadn't told me this, I still need a body for a fretless neck. I must resist.

[quote name='pikeman' post='1123651' date='Feb 11 2011, 10:52 AM']Damn, wish you hadn't told me this, I still need a body for a fretless neck. I must resist.[/quote]
Resistance is futile.

Meanwhile, mine remains c/o Parcelforce who are shunting around south-east London, hopefully arriving soon at a post office near me.

[quote name='pikeman' post='1123651' date='Feb 11 2011, 10:52 AM']Damn, wish you hadn't told me this, I still need a body for a fretless neck. I must resist.[/quote]

Well it's been just over an hour since you posted that.

You caved in yet or are you all sweaty and shaking just a little? :)

[quote name='icastle' post='1123724' date='Feb 11 2011, 12:08 PM']Well it's been just over an hour since you posted that.

You caved in yet or are you all sweaty and shaking just a little? :)[/quote]

No, I'm being good today and resisting everything but temptation.
I'll get the Dark Ryder finished first and then start thinking about what to do next.

[quote name='basskit_case' post='1123642' date='Feb 11 2011, 10:43 AM']The website has some navy blue with maple finger boards back up for sale.

Can somebody buy these please so I dont have to :) , I have managed to absatin so far![/quote]

That's it. I'm unsubscribing from this forum!!!

It was nice to meet you all.

(argh! I just ordered a navy blue one too!!!)

[quote name='basskit_case' post='1123979' date='Feb 11 2011, 04:05 PM']Thank you, the navy basses are now no longer in stock, :P I could feel myself waivering, :)[/quote]

:D

I hope the last mini-batch weren't all the returns of the duff ones!!! :lol:

I will soon find out :)

WOW! cant believe Ive just sat there an read a whole 19!!! page thread !
Was out an about today an passed a S.R shop, having read this yesterday would of called in an made some inquires, as all there was in the window was a classical an an old suite case :)
For £60 you would be lucky to get a body for that of unknown origin an going by the comments an pics in this thread they don't look to bad !
Will keep an eye on eekbay, as mentioned they might become collectible :)

Just been looking through ebay an came across these pick guards, don't no what there like but available in lots of different colors, an at £12 a pop ??? who knows, could be fun :)

Heres the link. [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Precision-Bass-scratch-plate-pick-guard-/140386030429?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item20afa8d35d"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Precision-Bass-s...=item20afa8d35d[/url]

[quote name='danny-79' post='1124596' date='Feb 12 2011, 03:59 AM']Just been looking through ebay an came across these pick guards, don't no what there like but available in lots of different colors, an at £12 a pop ??? who knows, could be fun :)

Heres the link. [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Precision-Bass-scratch-plate-pick-guard-/140386030429?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item20afa8d35d"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Precision-Bass-s...=item20afa8d35d[/url][/quote]
£12? That's a LOT of money :-)

Out of interest and being a bit of a geek..............

I was wondering what the relevence of the numbers stuck on the back of the headstock meant. My firts buy, the White one has RP-1-1.8.256. The second ordered, the Dark Blue one has RP-1-10.7.256. A few more numbers from fellow owners may shed light on things??

Also Ive noticed that The 'R' on the scratchplate and Headstock Printing is slightly different and in a slightly different position between the two.

To put a date on things, the box for the Blue one (RP-1-10.7.256) had "Checked by Brian 30/2/08" written on it!!

And finally. Ive had a damn good look under that very nice dark blue and from what I can see these babies have very nice patterned [s]ONE PIECE bodies[/s]!!!! Now thats something you dont see very often.

A

EDIT: Just found the two joins in better light. Still, nice looking pattern :)

Edited by apa

[quote name='apa' post='1124661' date='Feb 12 2011, 09:22 AM']Out of interest and being a bit of a geek..............

I was wondering what the relevence of the numbers stuck on the back of the headstock meant. My firts buy, the White one has RP-1-1.8.256. The second ordered, the Dark Blue one has RP-1-10.7.256. A few more numbers from fellow owners may shed light on things??

Also Ive noticed that The 'R' on the scratchplate and Headstock Printing is slightly different and in a slightly different position between the two.

To put a date on things, the box for the Blue one (RP-1-10.7.256) had "Checked by Brian 30/2/08" written on it!!

And finally. Ive had a damn good look under that very nice dark blue and from what I can see these babies have very nice patterned [s]ONE PIECE bodies[/s]!!!! Now thats something you dont see very often.

A

EDIT: Just found the two joins in better light. Still, nice looking pattern :)[/quote]

The number on my Navy blue Ryder is RP-1-1.8.256 as well, so your white one must have been made on the same day as mine! :lol:

As far as i can see, my Ryder's body is a Two piece body :)

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='1124923' date='Feb 12 2011, 01:16 PM']The number on my Navy blue Ryder is RP-1-1.8.256 as well, so your white one must have been made on the same day as mine! :)[/quote]

and my white one (well, the one I have with me now) too.

If the blue one has a nice grain, I might strip it and turn it into a natural oil-finish beast... maple board and black scratchplate & pickup. Yum.

Hmmmm Interesting (Well to me anyway lol) I didnt think they were individually numbered LOL So its probably a batch number.

Its a bit of a shame with my Dark Blue since its a nicer colour than the white but thats the one Im converting since it came with a rather nasty gash on the top waist!! Cant be assed to do anything about it, as in complaining etc, since there arent any replacements!!!

I feel a [i]'Gentlemans Ryder[/i]' coming on!!

A

[quote name='danny-79' post='1124596' date='Feb 12 2011, 03:59 AM']Just been looking through ebay an came across these pick guards, don't no what there like but available in lots of different colors, an at £12 a pop ??? who knows, could be fun :)

Heres the link. [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Precision-Bass-scratch-plate-pick-guard-/140386030429?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item20afa8d35d"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Precision-Bass-s...=item20afa8d35d[/url][/quote]

That's the seller I got my tort pick guard from... needed some cutting down around the neck, but otherwise fine.