Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash 2011,Sunday March 27th 2011 to infinity and beyond

yorks5stringer

Exciting news, just received the MARK BASS donation, courtesy of Proel UK and Bass Gear Ltd ( your local Mark Bass Stockist).

It's a Markbass Super Booster, shop price around £110

[attachment=75722:tn1_24891.jpg]

The VLE ( Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator) filters out high frequencies to give you a mellower, less modern sound.

The VPF ( Variable Pre-shape filters ) boosts lows and highs , and cuts mids giving you a powerfull rock sound.

Boost gives you just that..

-Markbass filters

-Booster

-XLR DI output

-True Bypass

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='jonny-lad' post='1175925' date='Mar 25 2011, 02:02 PM']I should be able to make it!...I've been a bit out of the loop on the forum recently (I don't post much anyway!) so the bass bash slipped my mind!

Had right good time last year though, so I'll look forward to it! :)[/quote]

Glad you could come along, I wondered if you might given who is our Speaker!

Any other donations from attendees would be welcome, like that battered old Fender you never play and is stored "under the bed"? All helps raise ££ for musical charitees.

P.S. Anyone who wins one of the Raffle Prizes from Hartke, Mark Bass or Dunlop Strings should agree to having their photo taken for publicity purposes. This helps boost the profile of the Bash and so keeps the Sponsors sweet!

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='1093569' date='Jan 18 2011, 10:22 AM']Been planning the Yorkshire Bass bash for 2011 so this is what I propose:

Venue: Manhattan Club, Harrogate (same as previous 2 years)

Time: 12.00- 4.00 p.m.

Main Sponsor: Bass Gear Ltd

Features: Talk/Seminar from industry expert (TBC)

Charity Raffle

Array of local Luthiers including Jim Fleeting, others TBC but hopeful of Jon Shuker and Alan Cringdean (ACG).

Opportunity to try out a wide selection of Bass Gear's [url="http://www.bassgear.co.uk/"]http://www.bassgear.co.uk/[/url] stock of high end USA basses and the new Shuker Satinline

Selection of Bag End speakers and Mark Bass Amps and Speakers to A-B.

Entry:£10 covers room hire costs, a raffle entry and a special "YorBash"T-shirt with your Avatar name on (sponsored by Bass Gear).

As usual any donations for the Raffle would be appreciated: last year the least anyone went home with was £20 worth of Hartke Bass Strings!

Please let me know what you think Yorkshire (and beyond) people, and sign up below?[/quote]

I'll be there

[quote name='sifi2112' post='1177131' date='Mar 26 2011, 12:33 PM']I'll try make it as I've enjoyed last few but can't promise .. assume Barrie likes the Aggie cabs Keith ?

cheers

Si[/quote]

Yes he does :)

Not bringing them back up with me though. . .

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='1176398' date='Mar 25 2011, 07:19 PM']Glad you could come along, I wondered if you might given who is our Speaker![/quote]
Haha- yeah, it's been ages since I've seen Scott! I'd all but forgotten about the bass bash until Phil mentioned it at a rehearsal on thursday after seeing me in the background of a photo on Scott's website!!

Looking forward to it!

Directions again, some of you watchers need to be setting off!

[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1T4ACAW_enGB332GB332&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=manhattan+club+harrogate&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=manhattan+club&hnear=Harrogate,+North+Yorkshire&cid=0,0,14262647170956529448&ei=cyeKTbTUIY-5hAemkvC1Dg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CCcQnwIwAQ"]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1T4ACAW_...ved=0CCcQnwIwAQ[/url]

...and home. Enjoyed it; always nice to meet up and chew the bassy fat. Thanks to Alan (ACG), Shaun and David L Perry for being such excellent company. I laughed til I hurt. "Dry eyeballs"? Not when you're crying with laughter. Thanks to everyone who organised, donated prizes etc. Much appreciated.

[url="http://gallery.me.com/ianhalstead#100060&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=0"]A few quick photos.[/url]

Highlights for me were:
WoTs Genz Benz Streamliner. Massive tone and it coupled really well with my Barefaced Super Twelve. Damn, damn, damn..... It also sounded superb with the Jazz/Precision and Bergantino HS 210 cab that WoT had there.
The sound of Keiths upright bass - lusciously warm but with great definition.
Scott Devine demo'd some useful tips on progressing your playing, ably helped by... :) :) <fatal memory pointer error - see Mrs Snicks as she knows and remembers everything>

If anyone in the photos on the link above wants to write their own captions just PM me and I'll bung 'em in. Note that the shot I had lined up with Keith's head just under the 'hat' of Manhattan didn't work. Someone moved just before I took it didn't they? :lol: :D

Edited by ShergoldSnickers

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='1178609' date='Mar 27 2011, 07:16 PM'][url="http://gallery.me.com/ianhalstead#100060&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=0"]A few quick photos.[/url]

Highlights for me were:
WoTs Genz Benz Streamliner. Massive tone and it coupled really well with my Barefaced Super Twelve. Damn, damn, damn..... It also sounded superb with the Jazz/Precision and Bergantino HS 210 cab that WoT had there.
The sound of Keiths upright bass - lusciously warm but with great definition.
Scott Devine demo'd some useful tips on progressing your playing, ably helped by... :) :) <fatal memory pointer error - see Mrs Snicks as she knows and remembers everything>

If anyone in the photos on the link above wants to write their own captions just PM me and I'll bung 'em in. Note that the shot I had lined up with Keith's head just under the 'hat' of Manhattan didn't work. Someone moved just before I took it didn't they? :lol: :D[/quote]

Thanks Ian

The chap ably assisting Scott was geoffbassist (Chalmers). Re the shot of my head, that was my Damon Albarn impersonation (I can wait for the applause...)!
Thanks to all who came along and sorry to all who missed out :P
I'll do a seperate post re the t shirts once I've had a lie down!

Edited by yorks5stringer

Raffle Prize List

1 Mr Bassman Mark Bass Superbooster Pedal courtesy of Proel UK
2 Simon 1964 Hartke Bass Pedal courtesy of Korg UK
3 Sean Dunlop Bass Strings courtesy of JHS
4 Kirky Dunlop Bass Strings courtesy of JHS
5 Shergold Snickers Tool kit
6 Eddyglee Hartke Strings courtesy of Korg UK
7 Skelf 2 packs of Snickers Bars ( off to Scotland for deep frying!) courtesy of Shergold Snickers
8 Molan Hartke strings courtesy of Korg UK
9Jonnylad Elite Strings
10 2wheeler Gary Willis Bass Tips Book
11Petergale Musicians Tool Kit
12 david_l_ perry Rough Guide to Jazz
13 Scoop Dunlop Bass Strings courtesy of JHS
14Alex (Mrs Gusto) Dunlop Bass Strings courtesy of JHS
15geoffbassist Dunlop Bass Strings courtesy of JHS

Big thanks to our sponsors Korg UK, Proel UK, JHS and Bass Gear Ltd

Edited by yorks5stringer