Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash 2011,Sunday March 27th 2011 to infinity and beyond

yorks5stringer

Been planning the Yorkshire Bass bash for 2011 so this is what I propose:

Venue: Manhattan Club, Harrogate (same as previous 2 years)

Time: 12.00- 4.00 p.m.

Main Sponsor: Bass Gear Ltd

Features: Talk/Seminar from industry expert (TBC)

Charity Raffle

Array of local Luthiers including Jim Fleeting, others TBC but hopeful of Jon Shuker and Alan Cringdean (ACG).

Opportunity to try out a wide selection of Bass Gear's [url="http://www.bassgear.co.uk/"]http://www.bassgear.co.uk/[/url] stock of high end USA basses and the new Shuker Satinline

Selection of Bag End speakers and Mark Bass Amps and Speakers to A-B.

Entry:£10 covers room hire costs, a raffle entry and a special "YorBash"T-shirt with your Avatar name on (sponsored by Bass Gear).

As usual any donations for the Raffle would be appreciated: last year the least anyone went home with was £20 worth of Hartke Bass Strings!

Please let me know what you think Yorkshire (and beyond) people, and sign up below?

Edited by yorks5stringer

I've got the estate car now, so can bring along more toys :) I'll bring along the Ampeg rig this time, and can bring along a few of the following;

1967 Gibson EB2
1976 Gibson Thunderbird
1991 Gibson Les Paul
1993 Alembic Orion 5 string
1980 Rickenbacker 4001
1980's Jap Crap Precision with Delano's
1990's Squier Precision Special with SD 1/4 Pounders
Squier Jazz with EMG's
1990's Legend P Bass (where it all started for me)
Ibanez IC200 "Iceman" bass

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1100128' date='Jan 23 2011, 09:12 PM']Mind if I come along?

Someone will need to explain the rules/etiquette for these things?[/quote]

The only rule is NO SLAPPING!

Otherwise

A: Just turn up with whatever you wish, set it up and then fend off hords of admirers who want to try your gear/ talk Bass with you

B: Just turn up with no gear and look/try out other's gear

C: Go to Bass Gear Ltd area, try out one of their bespoke US Basses or Mark Bass Amplification and buy it!

BTW details re admission will be posted shortly!

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='1100912' date='Jan 24 2011, 03:21 PM']The only rule is NO SLAPPING!

Otherwise

A: Just turn up with whatever you wish, set it up and then fend off hords of admirers who want to try your gear/ talk Bass with you

B: Just turn up with no gear and look/try out other's gear

C: Go to Bass Gear Ltd area, try out one of their bespoke US Basses or Mark Bass Amplification and buy it![/quote]

D: Go home with lots of GAS :)

This no slapping rule is going to hamper one of my key personal objectives - namely, that someone could show me how to do it!

I'm a horrendous slapper (hmm... that came out wrong) so could do with a few tips. How will I ever cut through the noise of a saturday afternoon music shop without some prolific slapping skills?

I'd probably bring my Lakland DJ4 for sport, or the BC Rich custom... I doubt many will have played the latter, so it's a likely companion.

As well as there being a selection of Mark Bass Amps and Cabs to try on the day ( they hope to announce a special Yor-Bash 2011 discount for purchases at the Bash), Mark Bass have kindly agreed to donate one of their super new pedals as well!!!

Watch out for details of how to buy your £10 entry in advance, order your Yor-Bash 2011 t-shirt and get your free ticket to the Raffle. Those who buy on the day may not get the t-shirt size of their choice and definitely not have their name printed on the back!

Jon Shuker is hopeful of attending and will be showing the new Shuker Satinline Bass.

Edited by yorks5stringer