Why become a member? ×

A Room Full Of Talent

bassface2k10

[quote name='risingson' post='1092076' date='Jan 17 2011, 01:19 AM']The bassist is brilliant, great player... in fact the whole band are so tight. But that kind of production and performance leaves me cold. Maybe it's just the sharp musicianship that leaves me wondering where the soul can be found in stuff like this. A few years ago I would have enjoyed watching this but my view on music has changed a lot since then, the whole thing seems too sterile for me and too polished.

But hey, different stokes I guess![/quote]+1

Maurice Fitzgerald is such a fantastic player, more chops than a very large butchers shop, but uses them very tastefully.

As for this Brian bloke with the hair, sure he's incredibly talent, but he certainly appears to give the impression that the level of his talent hasn't escaped his notice. If someone started gesticulating like that in front of me when I was playing he might just find himself having an unfortunate encounter with some tuning pegs :)

[quote name='BassBunny' post='1093157' date='Jan 17 2011, 09:38 PM']Awesome. He's playing The Cinnamon Club near me in May. I shall be there.[/quote]

I'm going as well if I can. I'm due to be out of the country sometime in May, but I'm going to try to swing the dates.

I watched this twice through just now. His hair, facial expressions and general demeanour leave me feeling a sort of muted rage. I mean, what a douchebag.

BUT, I concede... that's definitely a room full of talented people. Tasteless (at times), and the head of the tune itself was a bit lame in my opinion, but I couldn't fault the solos.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='1094208' date='Jan 18 2011, 06:54 PM']Beer :)[/quote]

Beer or two I'd say. Just spending the evening listening to his stuff on Spotify. Superb.

Don't give a monkeys about the hair or his manner, true talent is this. I just hope to God he never gets Michael Mannring playing bass for him, just imagine the comments on that thread. :)

Looking forward to the Cinnamon Club gig no end.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1092292' date='Jan 17 2011, 11:33 AM']Lovely. Not really my sort of music but i really enjoyed the tightness and groove.[/quote]

+1 Really enjoyed that, so many thanks to the OP. I would never have considered anything like this, but off to see what else I can find!

:)

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1098795' date='Jan 22 2011, 04:17 PM']Excellent ! love it.
Have a listen to a guy called Sandin Wilson - "Into My World". Similar style with vocals included.

Thanks for posting this - will check out albums

Cheers
Dave :)[/quote]

Hi Dave

I'll go and check Sandin Wilson out, as for a few of this guys albums, i purchased " bringing back the funk" and "XII" from amazon, i have to say both really good albums, bringing back the funk is my favorite at the minute

all the best

Chris

[quote name='bassface2k10' post='1098923' date='Jan 22 2011, 06:08 PM']Hi Dave

I'll go and check Sandin Wilson out, as for a few of this guys albums, i purchased " bringing back the funk" and "XII" from amazon, i have to say both really good albums, bringing back the funk is my favorite at the minute

all the best

Chris[/quote]
Thanks Chris will check these out first.
Sandin is the bassist for Gino Vannelli - if you haven't heard Gino then listen to Brother to Brother album with Jimmy Haslip.
Also Jimmy Haslip is a close friend of Sandin and produced Into My World.
Sandin is also a really nice down to earth guy who sent me some bits and pieces after contacting him to say album was great.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7