Why become a member? ×

New Fender Custom Shop Precision Bass Pro

Noisyjon

My jaw just hit the table, that is one extremely sexy bass. After some time playing some other brands and some expensive basses I am back with a good old Fender Jazz and the only other thing I want is a P/J Precision and something with block inlays.......tada! I want one so very very much, even more than a tony franklin or a Pino Custom shop.

Yep far far to expensive for the quality. You'd think that this would be the natural progression for Fender but once people buy a P they want a J to go with so why combine best of both worlds? When they do they rinse ya!! £2600!! G&L already do what this does but they ain't as pretty and not all have jazz necks. I'm so glad the they brought out the HMV bridge, who would opt for badass engraved on their instrument?? apart from a teenager.

Nearly my ideal bass, love the colours of the sunburst finish & the darker aged headstock colour. Love the P body, P/J pup configuration & rosewoood bound jazz neck. Now if this was around 8.6 lbs in weight, hmmm could well be tempted. To me, the one big down side is I hate twin volume pots & single tone pot, I'd realy want one vol, one pan, one tone, so much easier to tweek whilst playing live.
Isnt it about time too that Fender started offering a darker tinted headstock on all their basses, just hate the bright pale maple look. Been concidering getting a nice sunburst P bodied P/J with bock jazz neck for quite a while. Seen quite a few P/J precisions but nothing that realy fits my ideal. Guess I'll just have to put one together in time.

Edited by Heartbreaker

• 2 months later...

The Jazz width neck probably rules it out for me. Pity, it looks a stunner. It seems Fender are starting to reproduce those vintage sunbursts that I like.

Not sure about the benefits of the Badass bridge or the greasebucket. The 'U' neck sounds interesting.

If the nut width was wider I'd be seriously looking at it.

[quote name='Clarky' post='1088462' date='Jan 13 2011, 07:18 PM']It is a bit pretty for sure. I think a certain personoftyne may like this one! Shudder to think what Fender will charge for it, mind. Edit: MRSP is $4200, which is about £2600-2700.[/quote]
It'd be a lot more expensive than that in Europe. Published prices in the US exlude sales taxes. So, it'd be well over £3k here. And probably closer to £3.5k, when you factor in duties.

[quote name='noelk27' post='1170269' date='Mar 21 2011, 01:37 AM']It'd be a lot more expensive than that in Europe. Published prices in the US exlude sales taxes. So, it'd be well over £3k here. And probably closer to £3.5k, when you factor in duties.[/quote]
As mentioned above, [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_2011_p_bass_pro_b3cs_cc.htm"]£2638 from Thomann[/url].

I think if you walked on stage with it, no-one would notice what it was and how much it cost would they?
Only you would know apart from the other band members.

So make one that's identical and use it, I mean how hard can it be? :)
I can remember when I was younger, I bought a very expensive 12 string guitar and no one showed the slightest interest, I was gutted.

[quote name='tom1946' post='1170310' date='Mar 21 2011, 07:50 AM']So make one that's identical and use it, I mean how hard can it be? :)[/quote]
I made something very similar [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=125785&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=125785&hl=[/url]

(Mind you, I'm probably going to put it back to a fretless and sell my Tony Franklin fretless)

Edited by Clarky