Why become a member? ×

Warwick 2011 line up

dwh87

[quote name='ahpook' post='1074983' date='Jan 2 2011, 02:14 AM']why do streamers look so good ?[/quote]

coz they are modelled on spectors :) this coming from a man that spent 11 years playing warwick streamers and now has a spector, your right though best body shape ever especially if youve got a beer gut :)

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='1074981' date='Jan 2 2011, 02:08 AM']Why does the Zender bass have to be ugly :)[/quote]

Its pretty foul!

I wonder if anybody buys their [i]Signature[/i] basses? Most of them look dreadful and probably cost the same as a family car!

[quote name='lee650' post='1074989' date='Jan 2 2011, 02:25 AM']coz they are modelled on spectors :) this coming from a man that spent 11 years playing warwick streamers and now has a spector, your right though best body shape ever especially if youve got a beer gut :)[/quote]

what ? how can you see me ?

:lol:

I always lusted after Warwicks when I first picked up the bass (about '91). But these days I don't know. I quite like the Corvettes and a couple of the less flamboyant sigs, but otherwise I think they may be loosing their way.
I'd probably buy a Fender these days :)

[quote name='RhysP' post='1075125' date='Jan 2 2011, 11:20 AM']Because it's the only shape they didn't design themselves.
Warwicks are the most dog-ugly range of basses I've ever seen.[/quote]

Not about to get into a debate or challenge your views about the aesthetics of Warwicks, as it is all about personal preference and you obviously have yours. However, as for the Streamer being the best shape as they didn't design it; I personally think that the 'shape' of the Thumb and Corvette is excellent... though I'll concede that the Taranis/Vampyre etc are an acquired taste! :)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1075210' date='Jan 2 2011, 12:36 PM']The Hellborg bass is awesome but it's so damn expensive![/quote]

Ha ha! Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder! I dare not ask how much they are though.

BTW Chris did you trade your Thumb for the Kubicki last year?

[quote name='bigthumb' post='1075251' date='Jan 2 2011, 01:09 PM']Ha ha! Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder! I dare not ask how much they are though.

BTW Chris did you trade your Thumb for the Kubicki last year?[/quote]

I think the Bass Centre had them for about £4000 new when they came out. Very pricey, much like Hellborg's Warwick amps!

And yes, I did trade my Thumb for a Kubicki. It was a 1999 model I think, with a wenge neck in "as new" condition, lovely bass! Alas, Kubicki basses are just more my thing.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1075351' date='Jan 2 2011, 02:54 PM']I think the Bass Centre had them for about £4000 new when they came out. Very pricey, much like Hellborg's Warwick amps!

And yes, I did trade my Thumb for a Kubicki. It was a 1999 model I think, with a wenge neck in "as new" condition, lovely bass! Alas, Kubicki basses are just more my thing.[/quote]

It was a nice Thumb, played and felt just right. Julian (slooj) now uses a 5 string G&L as he [i]needs[/i] the extra string! I though the Kubicki was bonkers but wow, what a slap machine!

[quote name='PVTele' post='1075332' date='Jan 2 2011, 02:34 PM']The only Warwick I ever halfway liked was the old Fortress - which I see they only now do as a "budget" Rockbass version. Lovely sound, and I quite liked the coloured oil finish. But I have to admit that top horn is nasty thing :)[/quote]

It's not so budget now though, i really want one (in each colour!).

Aren't these Rockbasses the 2010 ones a year late though? Either way they look tasty, wish they'd stain the necks darker so they looked more authentic

[quote name='RhysP' post='1075125' date='Jan 2 2011, 11:20 AM']Because it's the only shape they didn't design themselves.
Warwicks are the most dog-ugly range of basses I've ever seen.[/quote]

Matter of preference. I really like the shape of the Thumb NT, which is one of the reasons I bought one - my main gigging bass at the moment.

[quote name='bigthumb' post='1075365' date='Jan 2 2011, 03:10 PM']It was a nice Thumb, played and felt just right. Julian (slooj) now uses a 5 string G&L as he [i]needs[/i] the extra string! I though the Kubicki was bonkers but wow, what a slap machine![/quote]

Aye, I do love the Kubicki. I first had one when I was 16 and I sold it when I was 18 (silly me...) and spent years wanting another one. So I was well glad I found one, as I don't think I could be without one again! I did love that Thumb though, it was superb. At the time I was playing a lot of Big Country stuff and the Thumb did the job fantastically.

[quote name='bigthumb' post='1075086' date='Jan 2 2011, 11:44 AM']Its pretty foul!

I wonder if anybody buys their [i]Signature[/i] basses? Most of them look dreadful and probably cost the same as a family car![/quote]

I would not buy a Signature Warwick, nonetheless the SZ signature is probably one of the best 4 string I've ever played. It's so good that a friend of mine, who enjoyed it so much too, ordered a Custom Shop Stage 1 5 string based on the SZ specs. It'll be killer.

I'm a huge Warwick fan (or should I say a huge Streamer fan), my 4th custom shop Streamer is on order. I only have 2 of them now, I sold my LX6 a few months ago. The Streamer I have on order is a Jazzman 5 string, with ebony fretboard (I like to keep it simple). I'm so glad I placed the order at the end of december, prices increased again this year :) :) .