Why become a member? ×

Warwick 2011 line up

dwh87

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1075407' date='Jan 2 2011, 03:54 PM']Aren't these Rockbasses the 2010 ones a year late though? Either way they look tasty, wish they'd stain the necks darker so they looked more authentic.[/quote]

At least they've a proper 'W' headstock now, and the 'Rockbass' relegated to the truss rod cover! All in all, these new Rockbasses are a pretty nice lot...

Wondering about the neck though, that thing is so thin it will warp/bow in no time. For within the same price bracket I'd almost suggest a Squire Active Jazz ahead of the Rockbass. Thomann were selling off the Fortress Rockbass for under €300 last year. Must have been a bargin price in ££.

[quote name='Mog' post='1080149' date='Jan 6 2011, 05:23 PM']Wondering about the neck though, that thing is so thin it will warp/bow in no time. For within the same price bracket I'd almost suggest a Squire Active Jazz ahead of the Rockbass. Thomann were selling off the Fortress Rockbass for under €300 last year. Must have been a bargin price in ££.[/quote]

I don't think Warwick will allow such an oversight RE the neck, they're usually pretty good with that sort of thing.

Also i think the reason the old Rockbasses were being sold on the cheap was because Thomann will have had loads of stock and these new (ie close to German spec with 2 piece bridge, nice finishes and "W" logo) Rockbasses were announced a year ago as the 2010 range.

I think the quality on these new ones is supposed to be a cut above the old range, i might scout for a bargain on the older RB Fortress though - the honey-coloured one was really nice. Those cheesy logos and basic bridges get on my nerves though!

If they can put these out at around £300 they'll be a steal

I might be being very slow here but are warwick doing a cheaper version of the signature models? i can see Artist Series and Signature Series. If they are, I quite fancy the cheaper P-Nut signature, a streamer with a musicman pickup will be great fun.

[quote name='risingson' post='1080453' date='Jan 6 2011, 10:13 PM']I'd be interested to know how many Zender signatures have been sold as of the release date a while back.[/quote]

As of summer 2010, I heard something like 17 or 18, but not sure.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1080489' date='Jan 6 2011, 09:42 PM']I don't think Warwick will allow such an oversight RE the neck, they're usually pretty good with that sort of thing.

Also i think the reason the old Rockbasses were being sold on the cheap was because Thomann will have had loads of stock and these new (ie close to German spec with 2 piece bridge, nice finishes and "W" logo) Rockbasses were announced a year ago as the 2010 range.

[b]I think the quality on these new ones is supposed to be a cut above the old range, i might scout for a bargain on the older RB Fortress though - the honey-coloured one was really nice. Those cheesy logos and basic bridges get on my nerves though![/b]

If they can put these out at around £300 they'll be a steal[/quote]

No sign of them now.
[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?xsid=3d53ed9f5b64a0c93bf6226e10b6acb4&sw=&gk=gieb&bn=WARWICK&x=8&y=11"]Thomann Warwick list[/url]

Dont really mind the single piece bridge on the Warwicks if they're the same as the ones on the old German made 'Standards'

Edit:couple of lefties listed on the irish site and thats it.

Edited by Mog

There's still a few around £300 in the UK, if they creep down to around £200 when the new ones arrive then i might grab one, esp a fretless

From what i recall on my old German Streamer Standard the one piece bridge is the same.
In fact the entire bass is identical apart from neck/fingerboard wood although my German one didn't have the strat style jack socket that the RB did

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1080681' date='Jan 7 2011, 01:59 AM']There's still a few around £300 in the UK, if they creep down to around £200 when the new ones arrive then i might grab one, esp a fretless

From what i recall on my old German Streamer Standard the one piece bridge is the same.
In fact the entire bass is identical apart from neck/fingerboard wood although my German one didn't have the strat style jack socket that the RB did[/quote]

Fine bass the old Streamer Standard. Wenge board, brass alloy frets, Ovangkol neck, Carolina body.....I could go on. Very tasty, in fact I used my Standard more often than the Lx and I ended up selling the 'higher spec' version!

Its almost like they never existed if you go searching around the Warwick site.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1080489' date='Jan 6 2011, 09:42 PM']If they can put these out at around £300 they'll be a steal[/quote]

After having a look on Warwicks site, the cheapest models are listed at just over £400. The Pro range is upwards from £898 and the cheaper version of the signature models float around the £1500. Even with some store mark down and haggling they are quite expensive.

I dare not look at now much the ones made in Germany cost.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1080681' date='Jan 7 2011, 01:59 AM']There's still a few around £300 in the UK, if they creep down to around £200 when the new ones arrive then i might grab one, esp a fretless

In fact the entire bass is identical apart from neck/fingerboard wood although my German one didn't have the strat style jack socket that the RB did[/quote]

Given that GAK are selling Squier basses at £300+ I doubt you'll see a Rockbass get that cheap!

[quote name='NJE' post='1080534' date='Jan 6 2011, 10:35 PM']I might be being very slow here but are warwick doing a cheaper version of the signature models? i can see Artist Series and Signature Series. If they are, I quite fancy the cheaper P-Nut signature, a streamer with a musicman pickup will be great fun.[/quote]

Was about to ask the same question.
Seems they're doing maple necked bolt on versions of quite a few of the sig models.

Anyone? Bueller?... :)

Eude

The Artist Series are Korean built versions of the actual German built signatures at a lower price point.
The Pro-Series are again Korean built basses at a lower price than the German built but still using the genuine MEC pickups/electrics etc.

Also of interest - click amplification, they are changing the whole range!

[quote name='throwoff' post='1081213' date='Jan 7 2011, 03:47 PM']The Artist Series are Korean built versions of the actual German built signatures at a lower price point.
The Pro-Series are again Korean built basses at a lower price than the German built but still using the genuine MEC pickups/electrics etc.

Also of interest - click amplification, they are changing the whole range![/quote]

Wonder what kinda price they'll be....

[quote name='dwh87' post='1081523' date='Jan 7 2011, 08:59 PM']The list prices are

Pro series start around £900

The signatures are about £1500[/quote]

Thanks bud.
Hmmm, still a bit pricey me thinks.
I would have thought they would try to compete more in the Ibanez price range with this lot.
Still, sexy beasts nonetheless!

Eude