Why become a member? ×

What does everyone think of Deon Estus?

Blademan_98

I saw Wham's unofficial 'rehearsal' gig at the Brixton Academy for their 'official' last ever gigs at Wembley.

Deon E was great, really funky and held the groove together so well.

I have to own up that I went to the gig because I got free tickets from Capital Radio & only went because my wife loved Wham - however they were absolutely brilliant, great show & George M can really sing live. Of course Andrew R appeared to do nothing much other than strum a guitar & the odd backing vocal (that's assuming he wa seven plugged in!).

[quote name='molan' post='1070117' date='Dec 27 2010, 01:55 PM']I saw Wham's unofficial 'rehearsal' gig at the Brixton Academy for their 'official' last ever gigs at Wembley.

Deon E was great, really funky and held the groove together so well.

I have to own up that I went to the gig because I got free tickets from Capital Radio & only went because my wife loved Wham - however they were absolutely brilliant, great show & George M can really sing live. Of course Andrew R appeared to do nothing much other than strum a guitar & the odd backing vocal (that's assuming he wa seven plugged in!).[/quote]

My wife is also a fan so I have been raiding her CD's to pick out a few tracks to try and jam along to :)

(just don't tell anyone.....)

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='1070149' date='Dec 27 2010, 02:50 PM']Great playing on 'Wake Me Up' and 'Club Tropicana'.[/quote]
Ain't that true - awesome player . Tasteful as hell - Careless Whisper and Last Christmas . Whatever you think of the songs , have a listen to the bass playing - tasteful and slow builds from start to finish .

Another massively underated player .