Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2011

urb

Hi all

Just heard about this on the grapevine today - it's not had some big PR push so it's sort of snuck out under the radar - but hey it might be worth a look - especially considering the poor showing bass gets at most other 'guitar' shows - not 100% sure I'll be there but I guess it could be good... just thought this would be of interest to you lovely lot :)

[url="http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/news/31536/Leading-Companies-Sign-for-London-Bass-Show"]http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/news/31536/Leading...ondon-Bass-Show[/url]

Cheers

Mike

A few years ago I'd have been excited about that. Now it just makes me feel queasy. I imagine being surrounded by dozens of gear stands and in each is someone slapping at volume trying to out-do those in the neighboring stands. Perhaps being skint has forced me to be gas-free or maybe I'm just getting old.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='jonunders' post='1042342' date='Nov 30 2010, 01:37 PM']i saw the adverts in my bass mag this month. who's going to go and are these shows good?[/quote]
i want to take some instruments to a few shows in 2011. when i do, i want to go home empty handed as far as stock. this said, i'll be 'giving them away' towards the end of shows. i don't know about this show in particular, but as shows are more about visibility for companies and not sales, you are sure to get some great bargains. if theres a show near you, and you've got some pocket money, go.

[quote name='jonunders' post='1042351' date='Nov 30 2010, 01:41 PM']is this a good show, worth going to.
can you pick up some good bargins at these show's[/quote]

It really depends what the ultimate goal of the show is.
If it's a retailing exercise then you'll be bound to find a few bargains, but if it's a "showcase" for manufacturers/importers to display their wares then probably not so much so.

If it is a "showcase" then you might still find a bargain late on the last day - the products will have been seen by everyone and will be finished with "publicity wise".
Only the most foolish would try and return the item into stock for full RRP resale so the standholders will then decide whether they want to lug their wares all the way back to their offices or just sell it off and save the effort.

Can't be worse than Guitar Nation 2010, but then dog's droppings are better than that! Sorry about that, rant over. If the bass guitar show is anything like LIMS or Bass Day it'll be a good day out, we can only hope.

Edited by ezbass

Well, the pics from the website seem to suggest TM Stevens, Mark King, Andrew Mckinney, Les Claypool, Billy Sheehan's (Bass!!), whether that means they'll be there or playing there is to be revealed.
However for £12.50, and with me living in london, i'll quite happily go along both days.
Olympia is a pretty big place to fill for "just" a bass guitar based trade show.

[quote name='bluesparky' post='1044479' date='Dec 1 2010, 11:19 PM']Well, the pics from the website seem to suggest TM Stevens, Mark King, Andrew Mckinney, Les Claypool, Billy Sheehan's (Bass!!), whether that means they'll be there or playing there is to be revealed.
However for £12.50, and with me living in london, i'll quite happily go along both days.
Olympia is a pretty big place to fill for "just" a bass guitar based trade show.[/quote]

They probably will be using the second room, the one used by trades. Smaller but big enough for all things bass.

£12.50 might mean I'll have to choose and just go along for one afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LondonBassGuitarShow

London Bass Guitar Show organisers are pleased to confirm that the celebrated Level 42 bassist and frontman, Mark King, will be formally opening the 2011 show held at London Olympia this March. Mark is to open this great new show and also complement such by a main stage performance on the Saturday of the two-day event. His live set will be accompanied by Level 42 drummer, Pete Biggin. The show’s roster of live acts is also building steadily, with artists such as TM Stevens, Jonas Hellborg, Geoff Gascoyne and Marco Mendoza being confirmed, further acts to be announced shortly.

High-end bass amplification makers, Aguilar, will be coming all the way from the USA to display their new superlight product lines. Ampeg, Markbass,Trace Elliot and Hartke are also confirmed exhibitors. Much respected string maker, Rotosound, will not only be exhibiting at the 2 day event but are also hoping to have one of their key endorsees perform on the show’s main stage. Mansons Guitars will be celebrating their 20th year of bass business by exhibiting a large selection of exclusive brands as well as displaying their all-new John Paul Jones signature E-Bass. Further confirmations are expected to be announced shortly.

The London Bass Guitar show will take place at London’s Olympia on 12th and 13th March. For more details visit [url="http://www.londonbassguitarshow.com"]http://www.londonbassguitarshow.com[/url]

Who will be coming?