Why become a member? ×

'Interesting' gig last night... photos inside.

wateroftyne

Nice one WoT.
As a kid in the early 70's watching the likes of Sabbath, Heap,Zepp, Purple, Lindisfarne, 10cc etc on that stage, always dreamed of playing it.
Never did, although played Middlesbrough Town Hall, Hartlepool Town Hall amongst many other gigs.

Power to you for just gracing that mystical stage.
All the best mate,
Karl.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1049587' date='Dec 6 2010, 05:06 PM']Glad I used the BFB Compact... anything heavy would have been a nightmare.[/quote]

I'm surprised that after standing behind that line-up that your Compact didn't become a Big One :lol: :D :)

Mind you, i dont think it was very nice them making you stand on a box all night. We're you on the naughty step or something? :)

[quote name='karlfer' post='1049805' date='Dec 6 2010, 08:22 PM']Nice one WoT.
As a kid in the early 70's watching the likes of Sabbath, Heap,Zepp, Purple, Lindisfarne, 10cc etc on that stage, always dreamed of playing it.
Never did, although played Middlesbrough Town Hall, Hartlepool Town Hall amongst many other gigs.

Power to you for just gracing that mystical stage.
All the best mate,
Karl.[/quote]
Cheers, Karl! It's my third time on there but every time it feels like the first!

Here's the view from my naughty step... :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1049903' date='Dec 6 2010, 09:35 PM']ha ha... actually, there was a Brummie and a Cockney in there too...[/quote]

Oh God help us. :)

(I actually like to hear a nice regional accent on a woman, and the Geordie accent is one of my favourites).

Ye Gods, just scared mesel (sorry, my self).
Had a flashback, stairs, half way up from groundfloor, on the landing.
Fire extinguisher set off at Captain Beefheart gig. Accident, honest.
City Hall, heartbreaking yet joyous site for an exile.

Cheers WoT, turned a sh***y Monday round :)
Karl.

[quote name='RhysP' post='1049923' date='Dec 6 2010, 09:48 PM'](I actually like to hear a nice regional accent on a woman, and the Geordie accent is one of my favourites).[/quote]

+1...half the reason I moved here. The best 'accents' always seem to surprise me on women who are incredibly intelligent and/or have a very high profile position in a company, then as soon as they speak, you suddenly realise all is well, and you can have a normal conversation with them.

Geordie or Scouse accents on nice ladies are the best!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1050764' date='Dec 7 2010, 05:27 PM']By the way, I recorded part of the rehearsal. I thought you might like to listen to how well the TC head fits in the mix. :)

[/quote]

Lovely wiggle on that blonde.... :)

[quote name='silddx' post='1051814' date='Dec 8 2010, 03:55 PM']Very, very nice WoT! That must have been a most pleasant show for you :)

I had a gig recently where I shared a dressing room and stage with this lady. She's an absolute diamond.

[attachment=65961:Polly.jpg][/quote]

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='silddx' post='1051814' date='Dec 8 2010, 03:55 PM']Very, very nice WoT! That must have been a most pleasant show for you :)

I had a gig recently where I shared a dressing room and stage with this lady. She's an absolute diamond.

YOWZA!

She looks like Marnie Scarlette, with whom we recently played the Halloween Horrorfest. Very clever with balloons ....