Why become a member? ×

Overwater Evolution 6

STU-SBL

Hi,

I thought I'd share a few pictures of my latest bass - an Overwater Evolution 6.

It's been in the 'works' for a while and I decided not to post a build diary as I was in no rush. It's a simple beast, but sounds amazing. It features a rather rare Holly top that has no visible grain pattern which gives the impression of a painted finish - you have to look very closely to see slight wood characteristics. The holly is matched with a Walnut body and a black veneer.

The full spec is below. It's a welcome additional to my bass family and I'd like to thank my good friends at OW for their patience, experience and workmanship.

[size=3][b][u]Overwater Evolution 6[/u][/b][/size]

[b]Body:[/b] Walnut
[b]Top:[/b] Holly
[b]Neck:[/b] 3 Piece Maple
[b]Fretboard:[/b] Ebony
[b]Bridge:[/b] Hipshot Style A (brass)
[b]Machineheads:[/b] Hipshot Ultralite Y Key
[b]Pick Ups:[/b] Nordstrand Fat Stacks
[b]Preamp:[/b] OW3 Band EQ

[b]String Spacing:[/b] 19mm at bridge
[b]Scale:[/b] 35"

[b]Extra's:[/b] Matching Holly pick up covers - Matching Walnut cavity covers.

[b]To be added:[/b] Holly Truss Rod cover

I've tried to give an accurate impression of colour, however as the top is rather pale the colour may look a little yellow due to spot lights used.

Edited by bleedproof

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='993424' date='Oct 19 2010, 12:42 PM']Wish I'd have played it on Bass Day but I'm sticking with my if you don't touch another Overwater you won't buy another Overwater rule :lol:[/quote]

I think people thought it was on the endangered species list and left it alone. Next time you're in town you'll have to have a play.... and fill in an order sheet :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='994162' date='Oct 19 2010, 10:10 PM']Damn you for showing us this!

Shep[/quote]

It's my job! :)

I've owned and played more OW's than I care to remember (in a good way....) - this sounds great and firmly cements my love for bolt on basses!

Any of my basses are open for audtion - if anyone is ever up at OW HQ just let the guys know and I'll drop my basses off.

Stu

that my friend is a thing of great beauty and im pretty sure it sounds as good as it looks, been interested in overwater for a while, i tried a perception at promenade music and i was very smitten with it at the time, i concur with the bolt on thing ive always preferred the punchy sound of a BO just love em- great bass you must be very proud

[quote name='lee650' post='1009031' date='Nov 1 2010, 10:32 PM']that my friend is a thing of great beauty and im pretty sure it sounds as good as it looks, been interested in overwater for a while, i tried a perception at promenade music and i was very smitten with it at the time, i concur with the bolt on thing ive always preferred the punchy sound of a BO just love em- great bass you must be very proud[/quote]

Thanks. If you've got any questions about any of the bass models just give me a shout.

I'm really digging ebony at the moment and the notes just leap off the fretboard on this bass :) fantastically defined and articulate.

Stu

[quote name='bleedproof' post='1009434' date='Nov 2 2010, 11:24 AM']Thanks. If you've got any questions about any of the bass models just give me a shout.

I'm really digging ebony at the moment and the notes just leap off the fretboard on this bass :) fantastically defined and articulate.

Stu[/quote]

Fantastically defined and articulate just like your good self! cheers for the taking the pics the other day. :)