Why become a member? ×

I Want a Warwick!!

CHRISDABASS

Tonight ive been listening to some recordings of my old band, the bass sounded awesome! :) took me a while to figure it out but it turns out it was the Warwick sound i was hearing!

Years ago i used to play Warwicks pretty much exclusively!

I loved them! I had a streamer stage 1, a stage 2 and a thumb bolt on :lol:

Cracking basses :)

Cant beleive i sold them!! :D

Think i might go out and find a used one! A 90's one if poss!

Anyone else still love Warwicks? They seem to be out of fashion right now don't they.

(please forward all un wanted warwicks to me :) )

CDB,

If I wasnt besotted by Smith products then German basses would be where its at for me. If anyone persuades me to gig regularly than it will be a big W called into action for that.

They are easy to play, easy to set up sound great and are next to warzone proof...! All in all add up to a recipe for IMHO probably the best commercially available range of basses for the working bass player.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='979879' date='Oct 6 2010, 08:45 PM']I love my 2002 Thumb BO. Now's the best time to pick up a Warwick, they go for a fraction of what they're worth.[/quote]

Except in a nearby CrackConverters, where they have a light blue 4 String Thru-neck Vampyre for £2200!
Must be an ugliness tax...

I have to admit that the corvette inspired my ACG when I was picking woods.

Does it sound like a warwick? Nope
Do I care? Nope
Can I make it sound like a warwick? If I had a warwick and my acg side by side I reckon I could get atleast close :)

Those basses always have been great.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='980421' date='Oct 7 2010, 12:08 PM']Except in a nearby CrackConverters, where they have a light blue 4 String Thru-neck Vampyre for £2200!
Must be an ugliness tax...[/quote]

Wow...that seems steep! Pretty sure my local guitar shop had one of these in black for £500...I actually don't mind the shape of them, they remind me of over-sized violins!! XD

For £500 that'd be a rockbass...The NT vamps are really expensive, I'm not surprised though, I've only had one chance to play one, and it was one of the best sounding basses I've ever played, like pretty much every warwick I've palyed to be honest! haha. My only qualms are that it was active (loved it at the time, but I'm a passive man at the moment), and the neck was a bit big for my tastes. I love the look of the vampyres to be honest! I'd want one in a sorta dark wood stain, paint of some f holes, try to make it look like a classical instrument :)

[quote name='bubinga5' post='981127' date='Oct 8 2010, 01:10 AM']i wasnt aware Rockbass did a Vamp...surely not??[/quote]

Surely they do!
[url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vampyre-4/10750"]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vampyre-4/10750[/url]

Of course it's a slab unlike the delicate carving on the Warwick models.

[quote name='mart' post='981195' date='Oct 8 2010, 08:16 AM']Surely they do!
[url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vampyre-4/10750"]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vampyre-4/10750[/url]

Of course it's a slab unlike the delicate carving on the Warwick models.[/quote]

Aah that makes sense. I don't remember Rockbass being written anywhere, but I'm guessing it's not something they advertise :)

That picture makes it look HORRID though!! It's not as bad looking as that :lol:

I've owned a Streamer LX for 13 years now and I've recently added a 5 string $$ Covette to my collection . Even though my main gigging bass is a Stingray I would NEVER part with my Warwicks. Simply awesome basses. Great tone, beautiful feel and a dream to play. Oh yeah, they look the shizzle as well!

I've played Warwicks for 20 odd years and despite dabbling with a multitude of other basses I always come back to Warwick; in particular the NT Streamers (the earlier the better)... my Corvette/Infinette comes a close 2nd.

A couple of recent GAS purchases have reinforced that I'm sticking to my Warwick (i.e. they are up for sale), though I'll still admire other basses. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='982413' date='Oct 9 2010, 11:29 AM']I've played Warwicks for 20 odd years and despite dabbling with a multitude of other basses I always come back to Warwick; in particular the NT Streamers (the earlier the better)... my Corvette/Infinette comes a close 2nd.

A couple of recent GAS purchases have reinforced that I'm sticking to my Warwick (i.e. they are up for sale), though I'll still admire other basses. :)[/quote]

He knows what he likes! Nice. My friend wants to get a warwick. Not surprised really, they are great basses.

[quote name='peted' post='982389' date='Oct 9 2010, 11:04 AM']I GAS'd for a Warwick Thumb for many years before I actually bought my Thumb bolt-on and it was everything I'd wished for. Will take it to my grave.[/quote]

This, essentially :) It's odd, no other bass has lived up to my expectations as much as the thumb. It balances poorly and it makes my shoulders hurt after I play it for a long time but I honestly couldn't care less; it's fantastic!