Why become a member? ×

Michael Manring event

Born 2B Mild

Bass Gear is organising (along with Zon Guitars) an evening of sublime sonic bass beauty that will feature [url="http://michael-manring.com/"]Michael Manring[/url] and [url="http://www.myspace.com/alexanderbershadsky"]Alex Bershadsky[/url].

Details are being sorted, but it is most likely to be held in Harrogate on the evening of 19th October. I think there will be a nominal ticket price involved but we're trying to keep this genuinely low.

I was torn between waiting for more details to be known before posting this or just getting the date out quick, so interested folk can get it in their diaries. So, you can see which thought I went with!

Now, I've got an intimate venue in mind but it would be really good if you could do the poll thing so I can always change venues to suit numbers. It won't commit you.

NB: These things don't crop up too often, especially up north, so I hope we can have a good turn out as it could encourage more such events.

Thanks,

Phil

Edited by Born 2B Mild

Last time I saw Manring he was just phenomenal. To be honest I find a lot of his stuff difficult to listen to at home but he is an astonishing player to watch.

I just checked out Alex B as well - some pretty amazing stuff going on there as well. God knows what it might sound like to hear these two playing together!

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='959613' date='Sep 17 2010, 04:17 PM']If this does take place can you be sure to have a good tuner available for Mr. Manring - he seems to have difficulty in this aspect whilst performing. :lol:[/quote]

Lol! nice one. I did read a guy once berating Manring on a youtube coment about his "constant fiddling about" with the machine heads during songs :)

I will try my best and make it to the event. Will be bringing a bass playng pal with me. I will be going from the Chester area, so its maybe 80 or so miles. The trusty old Volvo should make it o'er the moor :rolleyes:

Edited by daz

[quote name='BigRedX' post='961241' date='Sep 19 2010, 03:20 PM']Why Harrogate?[/quote]
The guys are flying in to do the Manson's show, + something in London and our event only. Bass Gear are hosting the event as we are a Zon dealer and are based in Harrogate.

It could be anywhere in the north really but Harrogate is only 15 miles north of Leeds and is within about 90 minutes or so drive from the Manchester, Mersey, Sheffield and Tyne conurbations. Being on 'my patch' means I have a better acquaintance of local facilities, that's all.

Next time, we'll see about doing it in your back garden :)

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='962154' date='Sep 20 2010, 01:39 PM']The guys are flying in to do the Manson's show, + something in London and our event only...

...Next time, we'll see about doing it in your back garden :)[/quote]

I'm not bothered about it being local to me, just somewhere that's easy for me to get to and has other stuff that I can do before or after...

Therefore I'll look into going to the London event which for me is far easier to get to, and I can combine it with some shopping and if I have time an exhibition...