Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Good choice of amp the LM Tube. I have the same.
Never occurred to me I would go back to using Markbass after the RH450, but when you dial in a little tube on the LM it's a very different beast and gives a thickness in tone that I loved about the 450, but with the MB eq much more flexible.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='924410' date='Aug 13 2010, 09:33 PM']I really like the look of those original goliaths. I used to have one of them just like that. Did you aquire that recently?[/quote]

picked it up last week. cost me 60 notes. really chuffed with it

Here's my new rig, a Phil Jones M-300 amp and 6B cab. I'm going to post a full review in the relevant section, but my main impressions are:
[list]
[*]With everything set flat, very honest reproduction of the inherent sound of the bass
[*]Fantastic eq, especially the 630Hz slider as it really emphasises finger style
[*]Smooth limiter
[*]Bass fills the room in a natural way and is not directional like a lot of rigs do. This makes the amp appear underpowered when you're in front of it, but walk around the room and the volume appears the same
[*]Master volume is a linear pot and can be used the whole way around (i.e. noon is 50%), which is useful to show how much juice you have left
[*]Absolutely top notch build quality
[/list]

Cheers

Gareth

Edited by walbassist

In October last year, I replaced my beautiful sounding but hugely heavy SWR SM-900 head with Etienne's G-B Shuttle 6.0. Bought a rackmount kit from BassDirect Mark and [i]voila[/i] :)
[attachment=56830:rig2.jpg]
It soon became apparent that the Focusrite compressor was now fairly superfluous -- as fabulous a unit as it is, I found it couldn't really make any improvement to the basic sound of the Shuttle and so there was really no need to keep it. So in January the Focusrite went, to be replaced by a FunkLogic DD-301 Digilog Dynamicator... the best DFA processor money can buy.
[attachment=56831:rig1.jpg]
The contents of the rack now weigh substantially less than the rack itself :rolleyes: Some might say it defeats the object of having a lightweight amp, but I disagree... it's sooooo handy having it all permanently connected up in the one rack, as it means all I need to do is stack it all up, plug in the speakers and the 240v, and off I go. It actually takes longer to get the bass de-cased and strapped up than it does to set up the rig :o

AKG SR100 wireless
G-B Shuttle 6.0
2 x Nemesis NSP115 1x15" cabs
Total rig weight is around 80lbs. Or in other words, 20lbs less than one of my old Peavey 4x10s :lol:

Yup, them's the ones... originally had a [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/jazza42uk/DSC00625.jpg"]2x10 plus 1x15 setup[/url], but after reading all the stuff about having similar sized speakers I took the plunge and did a staight swap of my 210 for the second 115 (with one of our number... really sorry, but I can't remember who. If you're reading this, are you still happy with the 210?). And to my ears, it is loads better as a rig. A much more rounded, warmer sound, but the horns still give all the snap I need when I want it. And they're soooo light too. Love 'em.

[quote name='howieee' post='926894' date='Aug 16 2010, 08:46 PM']recently got a new addition to my stack. this must be my third post in this section lmao. here you go! the speakers are curently 810, 410,115. id like to get another 115 so 2 x 15 on the bottom 810 on top. but theres so much presence now. sounds awesome![/quote]

Nice man very very nice, I'm so tempted to get another 8x10 but I don't want to run my amp at 2 instead of 3 :rolleyes:

I still want Matamp to make me a 2x15 but its got to be tuned low I played some random one at a gig the other day and it was horrible, simply horrible.

4x12 is tempting though in an 8x10 enclosure :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='927367' date='Aug 17 2010, 11:27 AM']Nice man very very nice, I'm so tempted to get another 8x10 but I don't want to run my amp at 2 instead of 3 :o

I still want Matamp to make me a 2x15 but its got to be tuned low I played some random one at a gig the other day and it was horrible, simply horrible.

4x12 is tempting though in an 8x10 enclosure :lol:[/quote]

hey dude. howv you been? :) miss you <3 haha. and lol about turning down. to be honest its actually louder. although when i say louder i mean more present. i found using my 410 and 115 i play at 1 anda half maybe 2. and it would be too loud for everyone.... but last Sunday i was on 1 with the 410 115 and 810 and wasnt too loud for anyone but the bass was everywhere! its awesome. didn't actually realize how much presence can effect your volume. it sounded well nice with the marcus and some new strings! :rolleyes: haha i want 2 1x18 but they 4 ohm and i haven't ever seen any on here. lol.

is that right. also can you take a look at this pic dude..... wasnt sure how i should plug in. this speaker can work in stereo. (upper and lower 410.) basicaly i think that both those speakon connections on the speaker will let me use upper and lower 4ohms 800watts rms. is that right.

i plugged in like this. head>810>410>115 that was correct yeah?

Edited by howieee

[quote name='Musicman20' post='928782' date='Aug 18 2010, 04:43 PM']Wow, big change from the IP! I love that amp.

Everyone states the IP is the be all and end all cabinet/amp...what are your thoughts?[/quote]

A couple of reasons really, the tc really appealed to me for the 3 channels. The siggery & yamaha are really different sounding basses, and when i eventually get a P bass, the ability to have 3 sounds right there fully set up with even volumes is going to invaluable when switching basses at a gig.

In terms of the cab, i've always loved the epifani sound. I really wanted the 310 but this was at a good price.

The Berg sounded phenomenal but i still don't think i fully get on with 12's. They've always seemed to lack something for me.

If money wasn't an object i'd probably be looking at one of the berg 410's but there alot of money, and with starting uni next month i don't have much to spare!! :)

[quote name='J.R.Bass' post='928799' date='Aug 18 2010, 05:00 PM']A couple of reasons really, the tc really appealed to me for the 3 channels. The siggery & yamaha are really different sounding basses, and when i eventually get a P bass, the ability to have 3 sounds right there fully set up with even volumes is going to invaluable when switching basses at a gig.[/quote]

I must say i did think that T.C. Electronic head looked cool. Then i saw the price. Lolz.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='928992' date='Aug 18 2010, 07:58 PM']I must say i did think that T.C. Electronic head looked cool. Then i saw the price. Lolz.[/quote]

They are expensive, but wow, do they get the job done with a certain 'class' that I was shocked about when I tested one, (and ultimately ended up buying one).

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='927367' date='Aug 17 2010, 11:27 AM']4x12 is tempting though in an 8x10 enclosure :)[/quote]

That is exactly what I'm going to ask Jeff for when I have enough money. It'll look splendid in white to match the head. I really like the look of the Matamp 8x10s visually, but I hate 8x10s. 4x12s, I know I like :rolleyes:

Hi

I'm new to the forum but wanted to flash my new rig.

Ashdown Klystron 500 head
Neo 410H Cab
Neo 115H Cab

I picked this up for an absolute steal for my local guitar shop. Bought a MAG Rig, and after the first jam it just wasn't loud enough. Took it back the next day with the intention of trading it in for an ABM Evo III head, with ABM 2x10 and 1x15 Cab's.

The guy in the store let me take this rig away for the same price as the ABM Rig.
Flashing her off with my Blueburst 4003, a match made in heaven.

[attachment=57089:Ashdown_Rig.jpg]