Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='1098520' date='Jan 22 2011, 11:52 AM']hope it doesn't get nicked...[/quote]
It's all insured buddy, I'm not daft :)

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='1098571' date='Jan 22 2011, 12:37 PM']Nice set up! I really wish that my set up at uni was more formidable, but I just don't have the space![/quote]
Yeah, our halls are pretty old and don't have en-suites etc so the rooms are a lot bigger than the more modern ones. Pretty cheap too.

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='73Jazz' post='1099106' date='Jan 22 2011, 09:49 PM']Designed for killing people!
The best tone i have ever heard, with enough power to discipline guitarists. So full of sound, full of tone ,that i don`t want any other amp for the rest of my life, worth every gram it weighs
[/quote]

Now that looks seriously cool.

Thank you :)
..balls like king Kong^^
300 Watt Tube Power from 6x6550, 2 Channels, 1 Clean, 1 Overdrive and you can blend them..amazing possibilities..
You will never look for Overdrive oder Distortion pedals anymore.
Sounds like this, but is also clean as hell, if you like to. Designed from the same people that designed the 70`s SVT

Edited by 73Jazz

[quote name='73Jazz' post='1099106' date='Jan 22 2011, 09:49 PM']Designed for killing people!
The best tone i have ever heard, with enough power to discipline guitarists. So full of sound, full of tone ,that i don`t want any other amp for the rest of my life, worth every gram it weighs
[/quote]

That is my dream rig, you lucky sod!
:)

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd stick this up here, as other bassists are always curious about it. It's my late 60's Carlsbro CS100 valve PA, atop an old Peavey 1x15" fitted with an Eminence Kappa driver, new side handles and sparkly grille cloth. One channel of the amp has been modded to a Fender style tone stack (with the mid control effectively pre-set to 10 with a fixed resistor in place of the pot). I like to overdrive the front end of it with a DHA DI-EQ box when I want a bit of grit, as otherwise it's a surprisingly clean amp at my normal gigging or rehearsing volume. I had this up for sale a while ago, but I'm glad I hung on to it, as it suits the vibe of my current band well.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1124138' date='Feb 11 2011, 05:59 PM']Me rocking the EBS HD350 & Neo 212 at a gig last weekend!

Great rig.[/quote]

How did the gig go? The Maze is a good venue, but I couldn't make it. I would be interested in coming to check out your pedal madness in future.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I thought it was about time I signed up to Bass Chat, being a bass player and all. And what better way to make my first post than by sharing my rig with you all.

On the top is my beloved Laney Pro Tube Bass, currently running a quad of vintage Mullards.
Underneath is my 1973 Matamp White 4x12 (one of about 200 made), loaded with Celestion B12Ns.
The bass is my recently completed 'Frankenstein' project - A Warmoth neck mounted on the cheap body from and earlier bass. Pickups are Wizard passives - Area 55's and an Eighty-Four. Hardware is Ibanez.

Enjoy!

[attachment=74236:IMG_2620.JPG]

[quote name='Cathode Follower' post='1153681' date='Mar 8 2011, 12:32 PM']Hi all,

I thought it was about time I signed up to Bass Chat, being a bass player and all. And what better way to make my first post than by sharing my rig with you all.

On the top is my beloved Laney Pro Tube Bass, currently running a quad of vintage Mullards.
Underneath is my 1973 Matamp White 4x12 (one of about 200 made), loaded with Celestion B12Ns.
The bass is my recently completed 'Frankenstein' project - A Warmoth neck mounted on the cheap body from and earlier bass. Pickups are Wizard passives - Area 55's and an Eighty-Four. Hardware is Ibanez.

Enjoy!

[attachment=74236:IMG_2620.JPG][/quote]

There has GOT to be a picture in the Dictionary of that amp, under the definition of "mojo" :)